Manage your gigs through your phone

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

smile10

Manage your gigs through your phone

Post by smile10 »

Today we are launching a project that allows YOU to help bring live music to the world – and get a great mobile app for your own career in live music at the same time.

Using the app, you will be able to share gig info and communicate about your gigs between band members through your phone. The app will also ensure that you always have updated gig info in your hand. It will work both on iPhone and Android smartphones.

We have 30 days to raise USD 50,000 towards developing the app. We hope to do it via crowd funding on Kickstarter.com – and that’s where you come in. To get the project off the ground, we need to raise the full amount, so we need as many ‘backers’ as possible. Every 10 dollars count!

So, please check it out, get involved if you like - and please share this with your network. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802 ... ns-and-djs
jeffh
Established Member

Re: Manage your gigs through your phone

Post by jeffh »

That's just brilliant. I'm going start my own kickstarter project where I promise to write a Protools-like DAW for Linux if people will pledge $100,000 dollars to me in one month. :lol:
GraysonPeddie
Established Member

Post by GraysonPeddie »

Hmm... That $50,000 can be quite extreme for such a project. In my opinion, I don't see how this can be very useful as an independent musician.

Pardon my negative comment, but best of luck to you. :)
--Grayson Peddie

Music Interest: New Age w/ a mix of modern smooth jazz, light techno/trance & downtempo -- something Epcot Future World/Tomorrowland-flavored.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

smile10 wrote:We have 30 days to raise USD 50,000 towards developing the app. We hope to do it via crowd funding on Kickstarter.com
Of course this is a kind of spam, but as they're also targeting Android and promising to make sources available I think it's fair game.
jeffh
Established Member

Post by jeffh »

raboof wrote:but as they're also targeting Android and promising to make sources available I think it's fair game.
I disagree. Nobody should be taking them at their word that sources will eventually be made available, there's nothing stopping them from registering for Sourceforge, GitHub or GoogleCode and making the source code they do have available now.

They have screenshots of the product already on that website, surely they must have written some code already, unless it's all a hoax.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

jeffh wrote:Nobody should be taking them at their word that sources will eventually be made available (...).
jeffh wrote:(...) unless it's all a hoax
That must be a common problem with these kinds of fundraisers - I suppose kickstarter has some kind of solution for this, like an escrow system or something? I've never participated in something like this myself.
jeffh wrote:They have screenshots of the product already on that website, surely they must have written some code already
Especially when you need to do a fundraiser or you're not yet sure if you're going to win a contract, it's pretty common to first make mockups in photoshop or HTML.