AV Linux 5.0.3 "Tube" Released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

AV Linux 5.0.3 "Tube" Released!

Post by GMaq »

Hi fellow LM's,

For anyone interested AV Linux 5.0.3 'Tube' has been released. Info, changelog and screencast links can be found in the release announcement here: http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index ... pic=1975.0

A note of thanks to falkTX whose time and generosity are appreciated. Look forward to the 'Carla' plugin host in future releases of AV Linux.

Thanks, GMaq
slowpick
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 5.0.3 "Tube" Released!

Post by slowpick »

Thanks for sharing this. 5.02 is a real jewel, so I look forward to trying the new one out.
Have to be nice to the locals with broadband this week :) Have you ever asked
linux magazines, about a spot on their monthly dvds? 8)
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Thanks slowpick,

Actually I did a complete customized version (3.1) for the German 'Beat' magazine a couple of years back and someone on Ardour IRC told me they had tried 5.0.2 through a different German Linux magazine recently, however the editors didn't contact me beforehand. Open source is one thing but I don't think it excuses bad manners...lol

If I recall from previous posts you are a Reaper user, if you don't already know I quit distributing the Reaper executable a few versions back however WineASIO and Wine 1.3.24-rt are preinstalled so you should simply have to grab the Reaper installer and run it to use Reaper on AV Linux.

Thanks for your comments.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Thanks very much falkTX, I'm sure any issues are more plugin version related than actual bugs in Carla itself. In the future I will continue to try and source as many plugins as possible through the same sources as you and also your great DISTRHO project. I think it is just a matter of taking some extra time to get a common plugin base and Carla will be golden.

Thanks again for your encouragement and great generosity with your applications. Keep up the amazing work!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi falkTX

Thanks for the kind words, the issue with JACK is a bit unsettling and basically I missed it because I always 'Quit' rather than 'Stop' with Qjackctl. I just want to make clear to anyone using AV Linux that this JACK issue will almost be invisible and doesn't affect starting and running JACK to use with applications it occurs only when stopping it. That said I will need to dig in and see what the cause is.

Thanks for catching that issue and letting me know... :oops:
Last edited by GMaq on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

OK,

For any AV Linux users who have encountered the 'JACK Crashes When Stopped' issue and want to fix it there is a simple fix posted here on the AV Linux forums:

http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index ... pic=2022.0
poppyleblanc

Post by poppyleblanc »

Thanks for posting the link.