LSP Plugins: one more statement

Completely and utterly unrelated.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

paulmerchant
Established Member

Re: LSP Plugins: one more statement

Post by paulmerchant »

It's absolutely gut wrenching to read your post, @sadko4u. Your courage inspires. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
wjl
Established Member

Post by wjl »

All the best for you and yours, @sadko4u...
more about me on my blog
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

Hang in there brother. We're all pulling for you and your fellow citizens.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

carlv wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:25 pm Hang in there brother. We're all pulling for you and your fellow citizens.
No, we can't do anything. It is people of Russia who need to make change, stand up against their dictator and system. Just like people of Ukraine did 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromaidan People died there for better future, and got some degree what they asked. And now they are fighting for safety of whole Europe.

Russians just have some minor disagreement abour 'I am not willing to go fighting' with their system. If people of Russia don't challenge their regime, nobody else can save them. In WWII, allies forced germans to understand their regime with their support did wrong, but I suspect this time there isn't happening total occupation.

Now western world can do their best to support Ukraine to end Russians doing genocide. https://www.icj-cij.org/en/case/182

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Short update. I have changed my residence address. Now it differs from the address of registration. It's safer but not 100% safe. The mobilization list still can come via the employeer. After that, I can become immediately fired (so there won't be any money income for my family) and under the risk of 10 year prison term if they catch me.
tavasti wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm No, we can't do anything. It is people of Russia who need to make change, stand up against their dictator and system. Just like people of Ukraine did 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromaidan People died there for better future, and got some degree what they asked. And now they are fighting for safety of whole Europe.
You're not right. Let me explain why. The difference between Euromaidan and situation in Russia is that in Ukraine the things were pretty soft. Many policemen rejected to injure/hurt/shoot civilians, so the enforcment from Crimea was required to give the government some force to resist. By the other side, let's consider russian situation. At this moment we have about 1 million trained people to suppress the resistance of civilians. Many years, including the period of war, the european countries shipped to Russia special means for suppressing the resistance. For many years european countries have purchased oil and gas from Russia, and the income from selling the oil and gas is the hugest part of the country's budget. All these money were taken for enforcing the army and the police. By the other side, the propaganda has boiled people for more than ten years that they should not even think about the politics and that there is no opposition to the regime at all. Since 2014, the propaganda changed it's theme and switched to growing up the hate to Ukraine. If you underestimate the propaganda, then you're in the same trap that russian people fell in. The first period of propaganda allowed Putin to strengthen his position and eliminate almost all opposition. The second period allowed Putin to completely eradicate the opposition and independent mass media. For more than 20 years Putin's politics was targeted to:
  • destroy the education to make people impossible to think for themselves
  • perform the negative selection among any government unit: no one should be more smart than Putin
  • make people apathetic to any form of political activity
  • eradicate any protest, extremely
  • zombify the people, so the civilians should support any aggression from Russia towards any country
tavasti wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm Russians just have some minor disagreement abour 'I am not willing to go fighting' with their system. If people of Russia don't challenge their regime, nobody else can save them. In WWII, allies forced germans to understand their regime with their support did wrong, but I suspect this time there isn't happening total occupation.
After the mobilization was declared, the disagreement became growing rapidly. This is the main mistake the Putin did, and this will burrow him soon. At this moment we observe that there are already many mobilized people but the quality of military units from these people is very poor. This is not 'partial mobilization' as it was declared. It is the total mobilization because the military organizations are cathing anyone they can. There are already cases when there were mobilized:
  • father with 5 children, according to the law people with 4 and more children are not allowed to be mobilized;
  • man of 63 years old with diabetes;
  • many random people over 40 years old without any experience of serving and any experience of performing figths on the war.
  • students, clerks, factory workers, etc
So the Military Ministry always lies, and the lie it is delivering to people is obvious (against the lie Putin delivered to people before the war period).
The only problem is, that people are sill going to be mobilized without any protest. They are afraid of 10 year term more than of being killed in Ukraine, and this is ridiculous. But we already see many cases of protest with radical elements, and the number of cases grows each next day.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

And as addition: from my side I can say that I'm not liberal. I always was the adept of solving problems in radical way. The only problem for me is that I sill have what to lose, and that's why I'm forced to hold myself from the radical actions.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

sadko4u wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:53 pm
tavasti wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm It is people of Russia who need to make change, stand up against their dictator and system.
You're not right. Let me explain why. The difference between Euromaidan and situation in Russia is that in Ukraine the things were pretty soft. Many policemen rejected to injure/hurt/shoot civilians, so the enforcment from Crimea was required to give the government some force to resist. By the other side, let's consider russian situation. At this moment we have about 1 million trained people to suppress the resistance of civilians. Many years, including the period of war, the european countries shipped to Russia special means for suppressing the resistance. For many years european countries have purchased oil and gas from Russia, and the income from selling the oil and gas is the hugest part of the country's budget. All these money were taken for enforcing the army and the police. By the other side, the propaganda has boiled people for more than ten years that they should not even think about the politics and that there is no opposition to the regime at all. Since 2014, the propaganda changed it's theme and switched to growing up the hate to Ukraine. If you underestimate the propaganda, then you're in the same trap that russian people fell in. The first period of propaganda allowed Putin to strengthen his position and eliminate almost all opposition. The second period allowed Putin to completely eradicate the opposition and independent mass media. For more than 20 years Putin's politics was targeted to:
  • destroy the education to make people impossible to think for themselves
  • perform the negative selection among any government unit: no one should be more smart than Putin
  • make people apathetic to any form of political activity
  • eradicate any protest, extremely
  • zombify the people, so the civilians should support any aggression from Russia towards any country
I am not saying it is easy, all you tell matches perfectly to picture I have about situation in Russia. Too much brainwashed people, and huge violent forces controlling people. Organizing any resistance is hard when majority of people are willing to accept regime. That is perfectly the point I am meaning, people are key point. But alone you cannot do much, and when there is big risk of beeing betrayed, organizing anything is hard.

I don't think I underestimate difficulty of your situation, and not meaning to say 'why you just don't break free'. There is no easy (or maybe not any) way out. Way you behave is the way for saving yourself, but saving nation would need radical means. If you want ideas for radical actions feel free to send me private message, I don't think ideas I have are suitable for this forum.

And sorry if my writings insulted you. If I would be in your situation, I might be doing something very radical, but my wife would tell me to stop even thinking such, and most likely I would honor her wish.

God bless You, in case you believe in some God!

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

Russia and the USA are both oligarchies, designed to serve the needs of only the ruling classes in their respective regions.

The USA is not a democracy (nor even a republic in practice). Russia is not a communist country. They are simply oligarchies.

Ukraine is a proxy war being fought between the russian and USA oligarchies. Taiwan is going to be a proxy war between China and the USA. And the "winner" will get to establish their currency as the "exchange currency" (and therefore become the controller of world commerce). That's what it's all about. That's what it's always been about. People need to start organizing by class, not politics. We need to curtail the power of the wealthy, and strip them of that wealth.

No one except the ruling class is going to be safe until/unless that happens.

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

peter.zenk
Established Member

Post by peter.zenk »

This whole matter makes me absolutely sad and desperate.
I really wonder if that human race deserves to live on this wonderful exceptional planet. Do we actually realize how small and unimportant we are considering the size of even the known universe only? And there is much more out there we will never be able to see due to the laws of physics. I'm totally frustrated.
Save the planet - make music !
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

I hope sadko4u is fine.

I am tempted to say allot about Ukraine, Russia, EU and the USA.

But this does not seem to be the right topic for that.

My thoughts are with the people and not their leaders.

Who was that comedian ?
They have an agenda and your not in it.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Mass raids of police in Moscow and Saint Petersburg today. They're catching mans on the road by the road police, in the subway and in the housing area (staying at the entrances) by the police and russian guardia. The main target: to give as many as possible writs for visiting military commissariats which are the start points of the mobilization process.
Impostor
Established Member

Post by Impostor »

sadko4u wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am Mass raids of police in Moscow and Saint Petersburg today. They're catching mans on the road by the road police, in the subway and in the housing area (staying at the entrances) by the police and russian guardia. The main target: to give as many as possible writs for visiting military commissariats which are the start points of the mobilization process.
All that misery, and for what, exactly? It's incomprehensible to me what Putin and his clique are >actually< trying to accomplish in Ukraine. What do they gain with this madness?
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

Impostor wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:32 pm
sadko4u wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am Mass raids of police in Moscow and Saint Petersburg today. They're catching mans on the road by the road police, in the subway and in the housing area (staying at the entrances) by the police and russian guardia. The main target: to give as many as possible writs for visiting military commissariats which are the start points of the mobilization process.
All that misery, and for what, exactly? It's incomprehensible to me what Putin and his clique are >actually< trying to accomplish in Ukraine. What do they gain with this madness?
Let me be clear about me not really knowing what is going on in detail. I have seen too many people from the Ukraine though, stating they were fired at by fellow country man, for more then 10 years already.

Putin claims he wants to help this people.

That does not make him the good guy, but he has tried to solve this through the international community.

I find it hard to believe though, Putin is doing this from the goodness of his hart. I do have one question, who was shooting at who already before the Ukraine became world news.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Impostor wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:32 pm All that misery, and for what, exactly? It's incomprehensible to me what Putin and his clique are >actually< trying to accomplish in Ukraine. What do they gain with this madness?
The main key is the reign.
Putin is so fearful that he won't even accept the idea of leaving the throne.
He wanted to take the whole Ukraine in few days and now tries to fight with the huge fail he reached in the war conflict.
The government selected by Putin is not able to solve any serious problem. They only can ignore the problem and steal.
And when the whole government is based on lie and stealing, you can not 'just leave'.
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

sadko4u wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:12 pm
Impostor wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:32 pm All that misery, and for what, exactly? It's incomprehensible to me what Putin and his clique are >actually< trying to accomplish in Ukraine. What do they gain with this madness?
The main key is the reign.
Putin is so fearful that he won't even accept the idea of leaving the throne.
He wanted to take the whole Ukraine in few days and now tries to fight with the huge fail he reached in the war conflict.
The government selected by Putin is not able to solve any serious problem. They only can ignore the problem and steal.
And when the whole government is based on lie and stealing, you can not 'just leave'.
I wish I knew some media I could trust 100%.

The alternative media I follow said from day one, Putin never wanted to take over all off the Ukraine, just some areas like the donbas.

Now I see a Russian music friend stating something else.

Let me wish you strength in this madness, because as always the people are paying the price. :(