XUiDesigner v0.5 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Re: XUiDesigner v0.5 released

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:55 pm Ah - thanks! It looks like it's working except that the menu disappears as soon as I try to change the value for velocity:
You should point the mouse on the value and scroll the mouse wheel, don't click on it, as then the menu will close.
I've made the menu item for the value a bit bigger to make it easier to keep the mouse pointer in the field.
LinMusGuy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:55 pm It would also be nice when the velocity per key depends on the place where you press the key with the louder sounds for a lower pressed key:
Mostly the virtual keyboard is meant to be used by the PC keyboard and the velocity is a global setting.
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

tramp wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:48 am
LinMusGuy wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:55 pm Ah - thanks! It looks like it's working except that the menu disappears as soon as I try to change the value for velocity:
You should point the mouse on the value and scroll the mouse wheel, don't click on it, as then the menu will close.
I've made the menu item for the value a bit bigger to make it easier to keep the mouse pointer in the field.
It works fine from inside XUiDesigner when using "run test build", but when I run the XUiDesigner made plugin in Jalv the menu disappears as soon as I scroll the mouse wheel even without pressing it and while holding the pointer in the field...
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Ah, yes. I've forgotten to implement that for the embedded main loop. It's fixed now.
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Looks like it's working now in Jalv, Carla, Reaper, and in Carla Rack in LMMS.

Except in Reaper qwerty didn't work, I couldn't use my computer keyboard to play notes.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Yes, unfortunately reaper didn't forward the key press/release events to the plugin UI.
So I've implemented a new menu entry for grab keyboard. This will actively grab the keyboard input to the virtual midi keyboard.
This allow to use the PC keyboard without the need that the UI have the focus (mouse pointer).
Reaper have some small issues with that, so you can't move any window from reaper when the grab mode is active and menus from reaper become clunky (duno why). However, it's the only way I found to enable the Virtual Keyboard on reaper. Everything switch back to normal when the grab mode is switched off.
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Yes - that's also working now. As far as I'm concerned your program is basically complete now. :D

Thank you very much for all the work you put into it!
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:27 pm Yes - that's also working now. As far as I'm concerned your program is basically complete now. :D

Thank you very much for all the work you put into it!
Thank you very much for your continuos feedback, testing and inspiration.
So I'll prepare a new release were I will announce it as "stable" now.

regards
hermann
On the road again.