XUiDesigner v0.5 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Re: XUiDesigner v0.5 released

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:25 pm The FunnyLoop1 plugin (in the two maps version) is also working now complete with the XUiDesigner made GUI in LMMS when I open it in Carla Rack in LMMS.
I've fixed now the faust file parser so that it should work now as well to generate a all in one bundle.
LinMusGuy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:25 pm Is the virtual keyboard for XUiDesigner made GUI's already available?
No, I haven't had much time this days to do any development at all. But it's on top of my to-do list. :)
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

There is a strange bug where the Step Size for the knobs "volume" and "sway" is changed to 0.000 as I drop the dsp in XUiDesigner:
volume.png
volume.png (155.32 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
sway.png
sway.png (154.43 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
But this doesn't happen for the Step Size of the knob "variation" which keeps its correct value:
variation.png
variation.png (156.89 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

I have used this Faust dsp file:

Code: Select all

declare name "funnyloop";

import("maths.lib");
import("filters.lib");

var    = 10^7*(hslider("variation", 0.20, 0.05, 0.25, 0.001))^4;
vol    = 0.1*(hslider("volume", 0.5, 0, 1, 0.0001))^2;
start  = 0.01*button("start");
pol     = 1 - ( 2 - hslider("sway", 0.25, 0.01, 0.5, 0.0001) )*button("restart");

A = _ , start :> _*-1 : _ ;
B = _ : _*var : atan : pole(pol) : _*var : atan : pole(pol) : _*var : _ ;
C = A~B ;
process = C : atan : _*vol <: _,_ ;
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Problem found: a Step Size of 0.0001 is apparently rounded to 0.000 by XUiDesigner while 0.001 stays 0.001.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Unhappily (also after changing the Step Size to 0.001 for all three knobs) the Full Plugin-Bundle is not working in Reaper, Jalv or Carla (Carla crashes).
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:07 pm Problem found: a Step Size of 0.0001 is apparently rounded to 0.000 by XUiDesigner while 0.001 stays 0.001.
Yes, step sizes such low makes the knob really unresponsive, that's why I never use lower step sizes then 0.001
However, I've allowed now step sizes even smaller so that this shouldn't be a issue any more.
LinMusGuy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:28 pm Unhappily (also after changing the Step Size to 0.001 for all three knobs) the Full Plugin-Bundle is not working in Reaper, Jalv or Carla (Carla crashes).
Yea, I see, my fool. I've forgotten some signs in the generated ttl when a controller was removed. That is fixed now as well.
Should work now after update XUiDesigner.
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

I'm sorry to say but the Full Plugin_Bundle still isn't working for my GUI with controller images and a background image...

Is the virtual GUI keyboard impossible for the two maps LV2 version?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 pm I'm sorry to say but the Full Plugin_Bundle still isn't working for my GUI with controller images and a background image...
Oh shit. Yes I found a typo in the ttl skeleton for buttons. To bad. Fixed now.
I've done now all possible tests and found no more issue when generate the FunnyLoop Full Bundle.
LinMusGuy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 pm Is the virtual GUI keyboard impossible for the two maps LV2 version?

Yes, that isn't possible. The LV2 specs didn't allow that. We must modify the orginal plugin ttl file in order to archive that.
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Thanks!! The Full Plugin-Bundle of the FunnyLoop dsp with XUiDesigner made GUI is working now in Reaper, Jalv, Carla, and in CarlaRack in LMMS. :D
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

It's in progress (not ready jet .
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

So it's done. MIDI Keyboard support is implemented. I've done several tests with faust based synths and freely generated Full Bundles and it works flawless. Now, while I write this I noticed that I haven't check if it works when create a UI for a existing plug. Normally it should when the plug have already a MIDI input port.

For keyboard support, it depend on if the host forward the keyboard input to the plug or not. Carla, for example have a setting were you could enable that. When I remember right, ardour could enable that as well. In jalv, it is default. Still don't know jet what about reaper?
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

The following Faust dsp file is a working example of the online Faust IDE, so I will use it for testing:

Code: Select all

declare name "FluteMIDI";
declare description "Simple MIDI-controllable flute physical model with physical parameters.";
declare license "MIT";
declare copyright "(c)Romain Michon, CCRMA (Stanford University), GRAME";

import("stdfaust.lib");

process = pm.flute_ui_MIDI <: _,_;
When I drop the above program in XUiDesigner I'm having trouble getting the texts under the controllers in place and fully visible, in particular: ENVATTACK, MOUTHPOSITION, VIBRATOFREQ, and VIBRATOGAIN.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

LinMusGuy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:59 pm When I drop the above program in XUiDesigner I'm having trouble getting the texts under the controllers in place and fully visible, in particular: ENVATTACK, MOUTHPOSITION, VIBRATOFREQ, and VIBRATOGAIN.
You need to stretch the controllers width. The space were the label is drawn is limited by the width of the control it belongs.
Still a good hint, it will be possible to take label width into account when create the controls. mmmhhh, take into my to-do list. :)
On the road again.
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

The title of a bender is also problematic (because very small):
bender.png
bender.png (9.72 KiB) Viewed 871 times
LinMusGuy
Established Member

Post by LinMusGuy »

Is a bender a knob or a vertical slider? If a knob than I get this:
knob.png
knob.png (46.1 KiB) Viewed 860 times
If a vertical slider than I get this:
slider.png
slider.png (45.14 KiB) Viewed 860 times
But in the case of a vertical slider the controller disappears when I generate an example GUI. (Using 76_bender.)
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

A bender is a Vertical slider. Knobs been quadratic in the sprites, while sliders been some rectangles.
If it disappear then it may be a conflict with the filename. You may try to rename the image to "bender" instead "76_bender"
I mean I've implemented guards to avoid that conflict, but there may be some corner cases I haven't seen before.
If that rename works for you I'll implement a other guard to prevent such a conflict.

Yes, vertical sliders been problematic in size constrains for the label. Horizontal sliders didn't suffer (that much) from that.
I need to think about that to find a solution.
On the road again.