New LV2 Plugin MetalTone released v0.1

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

New LV2 Plugin MetalTone released v0.1

Post by tramp »

MetalTone is modeled after the renowned BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone(*), a high
gain distortion pedal with an advanced EQ section.

It has standard active EQ controls with a massive 15dB of cut/boost
range for the lows and highs. It also sports a parametric active EQ for
the mids with two controls: the frequency, and the boost/cut amount.

The midfreq parameter has a very wide range, going from 200Hz all the
way to 5kHz. As a result, it's better to think of it simply as a single
highly flexible active EQ, and disregard the idea that it's only for
shaping the mids.

(*) 'Other product names modeled in this software are trademarks of
their respective companies that do not endorse and are not associated or
affiliated with this software. BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone is a trademark or
trade name of another manufacturer and was used merely to identify the
product whose sound was reviewed in the creation of this product. All
other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.'

Download here:

https://github.com/brummer10/MetalTone/ ... s/tag/v0.1
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: New LV2 Plugin MetalTone released v0.1

Post by funkmuscle »

Nice dude!!!

Thanks!
Bro, you know the sansamp plugin that comes with ProTools? Can you make a Linux version? Seems to work very well on bass especially rock and metal.
Even on snare to get that extra bite!
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:42 pm Bro, you know the sansamp plugin that comes with ProTools? Can you make a Linux version? Seems to work very well on bass especially rock and metal.
Even on snare to get that extra bite!
May do, but currently I've a bit to much on my plate. But there is the Tech 21 - Bass Driver DI, which is a simplified clone of the sansamp, done by jpcima here: https://github.com/jpcima/Bass21
It may suite your needs well.
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Thanks buddy, I will definitely check that out. Hope you're doing well man! By the way that metal zone pedal plug-in kills it. I'm still experimenting with a few songs where I wanted the lead guitar to have a certain tone which I couldn't get but I think this may be what I'm looking for.

I'm also going to try it on other instruments like the snare drum. I've seen guys do that and come out with some really nice form of saturation on the snare drum and the kick drum. Of course using other distortion plugins but you never know until you try.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

funkmuscle wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:51 pm Thanks buddy, I will definitely check that out. Hope you're doing well man!
Well, yes, I'm fine. Regardless were the world drives us this times, I'm still fine. Hope you are as well.
funkmuscle wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:51 pm By the way that metal zone pedal plug-in kills it. I'm still experimenting with a few songs where I wanted the lead guitar to have a certain tone which I couldn't get but I think this may be what I'm looking for.
Hope it suite your needs, (I love the MetalTone very much). But, as a secret for you, I've made a other plug, the CollisionDrive, which is based on the Horizon Devices Precision Drive ( by Misha Mansoor). Still, not ready to release on x86 (finished it for the MOD), but only the UI is missing. For the case the MetalTone don't serve your needs, try this one:
https://github.com/brummer10/CollisionDrive
(UI will follow soon)
On the road again.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Sweet!! Yes that's awesome!. Yes sir I'm doing well here myself.0
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Yes the metal tone really enhances some guitar parts that needed to really stick out in the mix..
That Tech 21 bass guitar plug-in that you shared, thank you for it but it's supposed to be emulating the free vst BOD but it doesn't even come close. Thanks anyhow for pointing it out.
Hopefully over the next few days I'll be trying that Horizon plug-in. Always wanted the hardware pedal so maybe this plug-in will fill my needs.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Wow thank you so very much! Right now I am installing the new AVLMXE 21 and will also upgrade guitarix and try this and other plugins out such as this one. Guitarix rocks so much :D I love it.

Thanks as always for sharing these beauties with us. Keep rockin´!

ROdney
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Rodney wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:43 pm Wow thank you so very much! Right now I am installing the new AVLMXE 21 and will also upgrade guitarix and try this and other plugins out such as this one. Guitarix rocks so much :D I love it.

Thanks as always for sharing these beauties with us. Keep rockin´!

Yes tried this on another guitar solo that was done with my hardware preamp and everything plus I use one of those Audient Sono interface which is actually made for everybody but with the guitar player in mind because it has a 12 ax7 tube in it with bass mids and treble just like on an amplifier and the damn thing gets hot also and it also comes with a strip down version of two notes wall of sound. I did the guitar solo through that using a distortion pedal I can't remember which one.

After I was finished the solo I said to myself I can't do another one better than this so let's go with it but the tone I used the guitar solo was not cutting through the mix and then comes this plugin and I just applied it without even adjusting anything and instantly the solo was cutting through the mix.

ROdney