Jack Transport for (KDE) Plasma

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

Largos
Established Member

Jack Transport for (KDE) Plasma

Post by Largos »

jacktransportplasma.png
jacktransportplasma.png (15.67 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
https://gitlab.com/Largos/jack-transport-for-plasma

Download

This is a small application I made for using jack transport controls in kde plasma. It's designed to be used for modular instances, particularly using session management (NSM) where it can be set to stay and top of multiple programs. It's resizeable and can be customised well with kwin settings for convenience.

I have tested with the latest Ubuntu Studio and it works. It also works in Kubuntu if you have jack installed (naturally).

This is my first application, if you get this to work on non ubuntu systems, please say. Do not install pyside2 with pip though as that wont work, it doesn't play with the plasma library.
Last edited by Largos on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
houston4444
Established Member

Re: Jack Transport for (KDE) Plasma

Post by houston4444 »

Thanks @Largos .

Ahh, I was believing it was a plasmoïd.
Do you know if it is far to be done to transform this in a plasmoïd and then can get transport controls directly in a desktop panel ?
This is a little project I aborted some years ago, because I didn't know how to make it (but not really for transport, mostly for buffer size and DSP load).

Note: The file jack-transport-for-plasma is not executable, then it doesn't works directly after install.
Largos
Established Member

Re: Jack Transport for (KDE) Plasma

Post by Largos »

houston4444 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:53 am Thanks @Largos .

Ahh, I was believing it was a plasmoïd.
Do you know if it is far to be done to transform this in a plasmoïd and then can get transport controls directly in a desktop panel ?
This is a little project I aborted some years ago, because I didn't know how to make it (but not really for transport, mostly for buffer size and DSP load).

Note: The file jack-transport-for-plasma is not executable, then it doesn't works directly after install.
Thank you, I updated the install script so hopefully that'll be ok now.

I initially meant for this to be a plasmoid, that's why it has plasma specific qml used in it but I came up blank when trying to figure out how to put it all together. I have as far as I got before I switched here. Buttons that don't do anything :D

I think it might have been for the best as this can be resized and moved around the screen, so more convenient to use in that way.