AV Linux MX-21 Edition Released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

jonr
Established Member

Re: AV Linux MX-21 Edition Released!

Post by jonr »

Thank you, I found it, simply double click on the plugin. When something is difficult and you can't figure it out, it must be something simple. Now on to linking the Ardour virtual keyboard to the drum plugin. Really like this AV Linux, thank you for all of your hard work to maintain this distro.
onlythehungry
Established Member

Post by onlythehungry »

Is anyone else having problems with getting Windows VST plugins to work? I've followed the sparse instructions in the manual and no matter what I do all the windows VSTs show up as ERROR when I scan them in Ardour.

The YADbridge window thing is not that helpful - everything looks ok I guess in the status. There are a lot of buttons to press to get status but not much in the way that seems to do anything other than the sync. Is there a config step missing?

The AVlinux manual doesn't really give any instructions on how to get the VSTs setup other than running Wine config and choosing a random Windows ASIO. I'd really appreciate a more complete step by step setup for these plugins. I had no issues with a previous version of AVLinux in this area.
onlythehungry
Established Member

Post by onlythehungry »

Possibly answering my own question. Ardour was complaining about missing lin-vst-server.exe . MX-21 now uses yabridge. It appears that yabridge is not in the default path (or somewhere that Ardour expects to find it.)
I made a softlink to ~/.local/share/yabridge/yabridge-host.exe and ~/.local/share/yabridge/yabridge.exe.so in /usr/bin, then reran the scan for Ardour VST and some of the WinVSTs now work.

It looks like some basic teething or I missed a step somewhere to update my path on install.

Hope this helps someone.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@onlythehungry

I'm not sure where you got off the track but Yabridge on the last release of AV Linux certainly doesn't require any changes in the linking, it works OOTB even on the Live USB

If you add more WinVST's of your own then you have to add that location folder with 'YADbridge' then run Sync to process them and then if it's a non-standard PATH you need to tell Ardour/Reaper etc.. where the VST's are.
martibs
Established Member

Post by martibs »

(Is it ok to post issues in this thread, or should I start separate threads in the "Linux Distributions..." forum?)

In AVL MX-19, pressing the Win-key on my keyboard maps to the "Super"-function. On 21, I'm not sure what's going on. Here's the output from xev:

Code: Select all

FocusIn event, serial 47, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
    mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 47, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  2   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   

FocusOut event, serial 47, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
    mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor
Is this related to my keyboard layout? I don't think I chose anything other than defaults during installation.

Code: Select all

$ setxkbmap -query 
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     no
options:    grp:rctrl_rshift_toggle,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,grp_led:scroll