Kx studio 2021 remix ( debian bullseye based + artwork and repo kx studio + kde plasma)

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Kx studio 2021 remix ( debian bullseye based + artwork and repo kx studio + kde plasma)

Post by gennargiu »

(download link removed by moderator, see below)

Hi friends i have a create new kxstudio 2021 remixed with ultimate debian bullseye and enviroment kde + artwork kxstudio + ardour 6,9 + odin 2 synth + disco dsp ob xd synth + u-he free synths ( podolsky,zebralette,tripla cheeze,tyrrel) + vitalium synth + decent sampler + sfizz sampler ( player sfz samples) + all synths and daw from repositories kx studio. I have used https://penguins-eggs.net/book/italiano ... stra-remix for create this remix iso. Best regards from Naples Italy

For enter in system used : user : live - password : evolution , for root : root/evolution........If there are problem for enter you can used : user : user - password demo - root/root

gennaro

Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
dreamer
Established Member

Re: Kx studio 2021 remix ( debian bullseye based + artwork and repo kx studio + kde plasma)

Post by dreamer »

gennargiu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:03 pm https://mega.nz/file/IXpmgS4I#rdHKB3F7n ... YimnVC7MgI :D

Hi friends i have a create new kxstudio 2021 remixed with ultimate debian bullseye and enviroment kde + artwork kxstudio + ardour 6,9 + odin 2 synth + disco dsp ob xd synth + u-he free synths ( podolsky,zebralette,tripla cheeze,tyrrel) + vitalium synth + decent sampler + sfizz sampler ( player sfz samples) + all synths and daw from repositories kx studio.
You realize that redistributing u-he and decent binaries is 100% illegal?
Also reusing someone else's branding and calling it a "remix" is quite unfair to the devs whose work you are ripping off.

That, and giving shady mega.nz links that nobody should trust.

0/10 - wouldn't download.
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Kx studio 2021 remix ( debian bullseye based + artwork and repo kx studio + kde plasma)

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

This is a very bad idea unless you have explicit permission from falkTX to do this, even so it should be named something clearly different. As far as distribution of commercial software you also should obtain permission to redistribute and have proof.

As an example in AV Linux when I moved to MX Linux I had to change the name to 'AV Linux MX Edition' and for all of the software demos I contacted the vendors and obtained their permission, in some cases I had to sign documents, this is how it must be done. If you distribute this without permission then both you and your Users are in violation of their EULA's.

On the other hand if you have obtained all the proper permissions then have at it! The ability to build custom ISO files is just the beginning of the process, there are many other things to consider when distributing an OS.. :wink:
Last edited by GMaq on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

I've removed the download link from the original post.

I'm sure @gennargiu had all the best intentions and put in a bunch of work in putting this together for us - thanks for that! That said we should absolutely make sure we're respectful of the original authors' copyrights before sharing publicly here, so until that's cleared we shouldn't promote it here yet.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

dreamer wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:22 pm
gennargiu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:03 pm https://mega.nz/file/IXpmgS4I#rdHKB3F7n ... YimnVC7MgI :D

Hi friends i have a create new kxstudio 2021 remixed with ultimate debian bullseye and enviroment kde + artwork kxstudio + ardour 6,9 + odin 2 synth + disco dsp ob xd synth + u-he free synths ( podolsky,zebralette,tripla cheeze,tyrrel) + vitalium synth + decent sampler + sfizz sampler ( player sfz samples) + all synths and daw from repositories kx studio.
You realize that redistributing u-he and decent binaries is 100% illegal?
Also reusing someone else's branding and calling it a "remix" is quite unfair to the devs whose work you are ripping off.

That, and giving shady mega.nz links that nobody should trust.

0/10 - wouldn't download.
U-he synths included are free ( podolsky,tripla cheeze,zebralette,tyrrel) no illegal. decent sampler is free player
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

GMaq wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:31 pm Hi,

This is a very bad idea unless you have explicit permission from falkTX to do this, even so it should be named something clearly different. As far as distribution of commercial software you also should obtain permission to redistribute and have proof.

As an example in AV Linux when I moved to MX Linux I had to change the name to 'AV Linux MX Edition' and for all of the software demos I contacted the vendors and obtained their permission, in some cases I had to sign documents, this is how it must be done. If you distribute this without permission then both you and your Users are in violation of their EULA's.

On the other hand if you have obtained all the proper permissions then have at it! The ability to build custom ISO files is just the beginning of the process, there are many other things to consider when distributing an OS.. :wink:
kx studio repositories are public, as well as debian bullseye, which copyryth has been hacked?
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

raboof wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:40 pm I've removed the download link from the original post.

I'm sure @gennargiu had all the best intentions and put in a bunch of work in putting this together for us - thanks for that! That said we should absolutely make sure we're respectful of the original authors' copyrights before sharing publicly here, so until that's cleared we shouldn't promote it here yet.
but debian bullseye is in the public domain as well as the kx studio repositories .... there is no violation !!! artwork kx studio is public on repository kx studio !!!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

kx studio 2021 remix is the same remix as studio music 64, only in studio music i used mate as envitroment and in kx studio 2021 i used kde plasma but always using the official debian bullseye repositories. There is nothing illegal, you messed up your friends !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Gennaro,

I didn't say you CAN or CAN'T do this, I said you need the proper licensing and permissions.. to protect yourself and others.

KX Studio is public yes but it is NOT your project and it is NOT your work. Legal or not common decency and manners suggest you would contact the KXStudio developer (who we all know is falkTX) and obtain his/her/their permission to use their name, applications and Graphic materials.

There is 'legal' and there is 'proper attribution' it is unlikely the police are going to show up for any of this but if you want the community to enjoy your work why not just make your own Debian Plasma ISO with your own branding and artwork and not take these extra infringing steps that are just going to turn people away?
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

GMaq wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:13 pm Gennaro,

I didn't say you CAN or CAN'T do this, I said you need the proper licensing and permissions.. to protect yourself and others.

KX Studio is public yes but it is NOT your project and it is NOT your work. Legal or not common decency and manners suggest you would contact the KXStudio developer (who we all know is falkTX) and obtain his/her/their permission to use their name, applications and Graphic materials.
if kx studio 2021 remix is illegal, then all distributions using the official kx studio repositories are !!!
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

I thought I did something useful for the Linux wildebeest and music production community, patience will mean that whoever likes it will download studiomusic 64 with enviroment mate as they are already doing !!!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Look Gennaro,

Your work ethic is admirable, your intentions are good and appreciated but you are going about this the wrong way... You can listen or ignore.. that indeed is your choice.

Perhaps somebody else can explain this better than I, I can see this is spiralling quickly so I'm out..
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

https://u-he.com/products/#synths ( see free synths )

https://www.decentsamples.com/product/box-harp-free/

https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/

https://kx.studio/Repositories

https://www.debian.org/releases/bullsey ... ex.it.html

All Material used is all legal non violation copyryth all public domain !!!

what you have done is very sad, taking away the possibility for users to be able to take advantage of a distribution ready for audio production that in the past has made many users happy ....... happy you, happy everyone ...
Largos
Established Member

Post by Largos »

GMaq wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:23 pm Look Gennaro,

Your work ethic is admirable, your intentions are good and appreciated but you are going about this the wrong way... You can listen or ignore.. that indeed is your choice.

Perhaps somebody else can explain this better than I, I can see this is spiralling quickly so I'm out..
Is kxstudio not FOSS?
dreamer
Established Member

Post by dreamer »

gennargiu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:59 pmU-he synths included are free ( podolsky,tripla cheeze,zebralette,tyrrel) no illegal. decent sampler is free player
Just because these are free/gratis to download (freeware) does not automatically give you the rights to redistribute the binaries.

So unless you can prove that you have gotten explicit permission to do this, this is completely illegal.