ArtStudioX64 1.0.0

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

TAERSH
Established Member

ArtStudioX64 1.0.0

Post by TAERSH »

Released ArtStudioX64 1.0.0, a full featured Audio, Video and Graphics Studio with XFCE Desktop Environment. This is created as a One-Man-Show, so don't ask me for the source codes! :wink:
tristan.tarrant
Established Member

Re: ArtStudioX64 1.0.0

Post by tristan.tarrant »

> This is created as a One-Man-Show, so don't ask me for the source codes!

That's a good way to make sure it stays a one-man-show.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

tristan.tarrant wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am That's a good way to make sure it stays a one-man-show.
Well, I'm fine with that! :lol: :wink:
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

tristan.tarrant wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am > This is created as a One-Man-Show, so don't ask me for the source codes!

That's a good way to make sure it stays a one-man-show.
All source codes to be found at the Ubuntu sources. ArtStudioX64 1.0.0 is created based on the Ubuntu Focal Fossa packages and it doesn't have apt-get or synaptic etc. installed. So, no chance to provide anything related to the source codes inside of that OS as well as I don't have time/money to hold my own web server/storage to provide source codes at a different online storage than Ubuntu does.
Lèyon di li Neûris′
Established Member
Location: County of Hainaut where people should speak walloonish. Integrated to something called: “Belgium”.

Post by Lèyon di li Neûris′ »

Salute,
TAERSH wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:46 pmThis is created as a One-Man-Show
What does mean One-Man-Show (in this context)?
By the way, you might consider to add a page about that there (if you have the time to write an article): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Man_Show and / or add another meaning there (idem): https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/One-Man-Show
God bless you.
Excuse my not so bad imperialist language.
Je parle:
-français (langue maternelle),
-ein bisschen Deutsch,
-on topau walon,
-een beetje Nederlands,
-je signe peu la langue des signes de Belgique francophone,
-я чуть чуть говорю по-русски,
-a trochu česky.
TAERSH
Established Member

Post by TAERSH »

What does mean One-Man-Show (in this context)?
From the beginning in 2011 until today, my Operating Systems have a constant line of conceptual use of programs. The base concept and idea was founded and developed by myself in the end of 2011 and exceeded as well as re-fined until today. So, this is a very unique Operating System coming with some cool solutions e.g. to run programs without installing first. These special program modules (squashfs files) are created from exactly those packages usually taken to install a program. The System itself is running in RAM completely , it's easy to backup, easy to recover from and to reset to the last saved backup.

Everything special within this Operating System -apart from the Operating System's base files and program packages- is written/programmed, worked out and created by myself - of course, standing on the shoulders of Giants. :wink:
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

TAERSH wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 am Everything special within this Operating System -apart from the Operating System's base files and program packages- is written/programmed, worked out and created by myself - of course, standing on the shoulders of Giants.
And, why could you do that? Because the "Giants" providing the source code of there work. And so should you. Maybe, one day others want to claim up on your shoulders. That is the idea behind Open Source. :wink:
TAERSH wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:07 pm I don't have time/money to hold my own web server/storage
There are plenty of possible places across the Net to store source code for free, like gitlab or github to name a few.
On the road again.