AV Linux MX Edition Released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

buonamorte.records
Established Member

Re: AV Linux MX Edition Released!

Post by buonamorte.records »

GMaq wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:07 pm
buonamorte.records wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:10 pm Hi @GMaq ,
Thank you, the system works really well: from a more than 70% DSP on Mixbus (it's a big project...) to no more than 50%!!!
I've found only a problem about nvidia card, no way to use a 2nd monitor. It's strange that the nouveau drivers doesn't recognize the card, but finally i prefer to use a great system without a second monitor!
Thanks again!
What is your nVidia card? Is it very new?
It's a gtx 1050, I've tried the installer in mx tools with debian stable's drivers and mx newers. Now I'm on nouveau, I can see the nvidia in mx info but I think I'm not using it, no signal on hdmi and no monitors detected...It's not a great problem, I can use this amazing system with my laptop's monitor...
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Hi Glenn i have a installed your fabolous avlinux mx edition and it work perfect with my hardware hp elite 8200 sff 16 giga ram and maudio firewire solo. Many thanks for your wonderful work music production and distro for audio and multimedia production :D . Best regards from Naples (Italy) . I want a little donation for your project av linux. Where have your paypal ?

gennaro

Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Post by buonamorte.records »

Ciao Gennaro,
Saluti dalla Toscana!
http://www.bandshed.net/
qui per le donazioni
onlythehungry
Established Member

Post by onlythehungry »

sjzstudio wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:28 am I have a problem with LXVST. During the Mixbus 32c plugin scan, It complains that the application has encountered an error. (I guess there is a wine that complains, not a mixbus) This is the case for all LXVST plugins. I wonder what have I done wrong?
I had the same issue on a clean install of AVLinux 2020.11.23 . A plugin scan in ardour results in a series of WINE error boxes popping up complaining about an error. There were so many I assumed that all of the Windows plugins were failing somehow during the scan.

For those struggling to burn the ISO to a USB, you might consider Etcher if it's available for your distro. Etcher worked fine for me to boot a USB. With a little fiddling I can boot with no issues on a UEFI system (with secure boot disabled from BIOS) from an NVME ssd.
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

buonamorte.records wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:04 pm Ciao Gennaro,
Saluti dalla Toscana!
qui per le donazioni
ciao grazie per la segnalazione, Glenn merita per tutto il suo impegno e passione verso questa bellissima distro orientata alla produzione audio/video e multimedia :D

hello thanks for reporting, Glenn deserves for all his commitment and passion towards this beautiful distro oriented to audio / video and multimedia production

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

hi friends how do i activate the midi bridge in av linux? I have the problem in bitwig studio that it doesn't see my controllers. With cadence of kx studio there was the possibility to manually disable this function, in av linux how do you get the same function? thanks :roll:

gennaro

PS : I solved problem download from synaptic in avlinux cadence :D Now my controller work in Bitwig Studio :mrgreen:

gennaro
anahata
Established Member

Post by anahata »

GMaq wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 pm
fraslo wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:23 pm * Most of my Libreoffice documents can not be opened (General input/output error).
That's a bummer to hear about the LibreOffice issue, those packages are all from MX, To be honest LibreOffice is very peripheral and I don't know much about it specifically as far as document support from version to version
I haven't installed AVL on my working studio machine yet, but I will want Libre Office to work, so that's a concern for me too. I'll experiment with AVL MXE + LO on a laptop that's less mission critical. If I find anything useful I'll report back.
fraslo
Established Member

Post by fraslo »

anahata wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:54 pm I haven't installed AVL on my working studio machine yet, but I will want Libre Office to work, so that's a concern for me too. I'll experiment with AVL MXE + LO on a laptop that's less mission critical. If I find anything useful I'll report back.
I don't know what I messed up yesterday, but today I was able to install LO6 with a simple:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libreoffice
LO7 is gone, but now I can open all my documents.

Thanks for the support.
lykwydchykyn
Established Member

Post by lykwydchykyn »

GMaq wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 pm
lykwydchykyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:34 pm Sweet! Gonna give this a shot once my week settles down.
Hi thanks!

If you haven't installed yet hold off, there is a minor bug in the released 64bit ISO that potentially causes boot problems specifically with the MX Live USB Maker, it doesn't affect everyone and anyone who has installed successfully will not need to reinstall.. We're triaging it now and should have a fixed ISO up by the end of this week. I will announce here when it is uploaded..
Will do. I did download the openbox version and was able to boot a USB, but I couldn't login. Is it still demo/demo? SLiM says it can't execute the login command.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

lykwydchykyn wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:29 pm
GMaq wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:11 pm
lykwydchykyn wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:34 pm Sweet! Gonna give this a shot once my week settles down.
Hi thanks!

If you haven't installed yet hold off, there is a minor bug in the released 64bit ISO that potentially causes boot problems specifically with the MX Live USB Maker, it doesn't affect everyone and anyone who has installed successfully will not need to reinstall.. We're triaging it now and should have a fixed ISO up by the end of this week. I will announce here when it is uploaded..
Will do. I did download the openbox version and was able to boot a USB, but I couldn't login. Is it still demo/demo? SLiM says it can't execute the login command.
Yes 32bit ISO demo/demo, it's not Auto Login, that info should be on the website...?
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

gennargiu wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:09 pm
buonamorte.records wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:04 pm Ciao Gennaro,
Saluti dalla Toscana!
qui per le donazioni
ciao grazie per la segnalazione, Glenn merita per tutto il suo impegno e passione verso questa bellissima distro orientata alla produzione audio/video e multimedia :D

hello thanks for reporting, Glenn deserves for all his commitment and passion towards this beautiful distro oriented to audio / video and multimedia production

gennaro
Thanks Gennaro and buonamorte.records!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

buonamorte.records wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 am
Thank you, the system works really well: from a more than 70% DSP on Mixbus (it's a big project...) to no more than 50%!!!
I've found only a problem about nvidia card, no way to use a 2nd monitor. It's strange that the nouveau drivers doesn't recognize the card, but finally i prefer to use a great system without a second monitor!
Thanks again!
It's a gtx 1050, I've tried the installer in mx tools with debian stable's drivers and mx newers. Now I'm on nouveau, I can see the nvidia in mx info but I think I'm not using it, no signal on hdmi and no monitors detected...It's not a great problem, I can use this amazing system with my laptop's monitor...
Hi,

This is unfortunate that the Video card is not supported better by Nouveau.. :roll:

Because of the RT patch that gives us the better performance potential 3rd party nVidia drivers can't be built for the default AV Linux RT Kernel... If you replace the RT Kernel with an optional Liquorix kernel and enable the MX 'ahs' repository you may be able to use the nVidia driver tools in MX to build nVidia modules on Liquorix which maybe will support dual displays for your laptop..
AHS.png
AHS.png (47.55 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
RT gives us better performance potential but it comes with the cost of no 3rd party drivers, there is nothing I can do about this other than offer the Liquorix kernels as a second option.. I only use the RT myself and never install NVidia or AMD drivers so this is not an area of expertise for me unfortunately.
bluzee
Established Member

Post by bluzee »

buonamorte.records wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 am
Thanks again!

Since this is a laptop I believe there is some times a problem where there are actually two graphics chips and both share the HDMI port. If the laptop also has an display port plug might be able to get a second monitor going with a DP to HDMI adapter. Might also be some way to resolve this in BIOS settings.... dunno.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

@ontologist

Admittedly I'm a bit new to QT5Ct and after your post about some of the QT5 oddities with the default AVL Diehard theme I did a bit of digging and discovered I can use the native QT5 'Fusion' theme with the Diehard colors which improves the number scrollboxes about 1000%. To do this open the QT5 settings from the AVL-MXE Assistant (it takes a few seconds to launch) and change it like this:
QT5-Fusion.png
QT5-Fusion.png (52.28 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
lykwydchykyn
Established Member

Post by lykwydchykyn »

GMaq wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Yes 32bit ISO demo/demo, it's not Auto Login, that info should be on the website...?
Yeah, that was on the website, it just didn't work on the laptop I was using for some strange reason. OR it did, and for some reason the desktop session failed to launch.

I tried it on a different laptop and it worked. Weird.