AV Linux 2020 downloads temporarily suspended..

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

AV Linux 2020 downloads temporarily suspended..

Post by GMaq »

Hi fellow LM's

AV Linux is currently transitioning to MX Linux and will become AV Linux MX Edition (or ‘AVL-MXE’). A new release is in final stages of development and will be coming very soon! This is a huge win win because AV Linux users will not only benefit from a much better and easier to use Installer and vastly better support for newer hardware but also from the numerous other benefits and tools within MX Linux.. I only have enough time to maintain one project so all future effort will focus on AVL-MXE. Current users of AV Linux will be encouraged to move to AVL-MXE (once released) whenever they feel ready. I understand this is a bit of an inconvenience but I can assure you that the short term disruption will soon seem insignificant compared to the numerous benefits to be enjoyed by the move to MX. To avoid people downloading the current AV Linux only to have to reinstall in a very short time I have decided to pull the existing download links on the AVL Website until AVL-MXE is released. Thanks for your patience, stay tuned and check back for a Blog announcement/News item of the new release!

Glen MacArthur - AVL-MXE Maintainer
christobal
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 2020 downloads temporarily suspended..

Post by christobal »

I look forward to trying it!
Amp: Echolette M40 / NG51S Tape Echo
Strings: Martin D15M, Yamaha FG-180, Alhambra 5P, Yamaha Revstar
Rodney
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 2020 downloads temporarily suspended..

Post by Rodney »

WOoo Hooo! It´s Christmas time :D , and Santa Glenn is bringing us this gift early.

THanks a lot dear Gmaq! Can´t wait for it as well

Att.: Rodney :D