AV Linux moving to MX Linux

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

GMaq
Established Member

Re: AV Linux moving to MX Linux

Post by GMaq »

gennargiu wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:19 am
GMaq wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:05 am A screencast with more details (lol...maybe too many).. I'm always astounded about how time flies when your doing an off the cuff screencast... :oops:

https://youtu.be/hoLmzybXk54
hi Glenn when will the new av linux / mx linux iso be available? :D

gennaro
Hello Gennaro!

I honestly don't know, there are a lot of details to finish and it will take me a month to re-write the User Manual (all in spare time). I'm going into my very busy season for work so my guess is there will not be an early Alpha release until at least October.

Stay well!
Glen
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

Many thanks Glenn :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
Rapstam
Established Member

Post by Rapstam »

Tried the RC2, first a live session with jack and guitarix and afterwards a full install.
Works pretty much right out of the box. Fast and shiny. Managed to get around 6 ms latency and did some recordings using Guitarix+Qtractor+Hydrogen.

1) Easy installer, almost as smooth as Mint/ubuntu. Had some trouble with keyboard layout for some strange reason. Probably just Debian stuff.
2) Maybe it is a matter of taste but the bottom panel only has a single "entry" where all your open programs are and when running jack ecosystem you tend to have a lot of programs open.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Thanks very much for the report! The real thing is about ready to drop..

As far as the panel... I like docks, I work with and on this system every day so by default it gets shipped with my preference and I fully expect people will change it in 14 seconds just like I've changed every Distro I've ever tried in 14 seconds...lol

It's a "Window menu", so yes the "window buttons" don't show on the Panel but clicking the Window menu shows all workspaces and open Windows so they are in a menu instead of on the Panel.. It took me a few minutes to adapt and now I like it.. but it's very easy to change and if you're not used to XFCE4 it's all covered in the manual.
Rapstam
Established Member

Post by Rapstam »

In short, I like it. Got me rocking in less than 5 minutes.
Nice that the real thing is almost ready. Some say it is going to be a long winter ...