KPP 1.2, tubeAmp Designer 1.2, spiceAmp 1.0 Released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

olegkapitonov
Established Member

Re: KPP 1.2, tubeAmp Designer 1.2, spiceAmp 1.0 Released!

Post by olegkapitonov »

sadko4u wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 am But that would be interesting to see instruction that caused the crash.
Hi, @sadko4u!

This assembly line caused the crash:

vpxor %xmm0,%xmm0,%xmm0

As I understand, AVX2 gives access to this instruction.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

@olegkapitonov

Yes, it seems that the code tries to utilize AVX2 instruction on the machine that doesn't support it.
The more strange is, that it can be just replaced with vxorps instruction if the code operates the floating-point data and which is AVX extension, not AVX2.

I believe this problem can be simply reproduced on any AMD Bulldozer/Piledriver CPU which doesn't support AVX2 but allows to run AVX instructions.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Dear Oleg,

Today I finally had spare time to try profiling my amp but unfortunately I always get the same error: File is too short! I follow the instructions provided on your website but no matter what name I give to the .wav file, it simply won't analyze at all. So yeah, go figure :roll: I tried several sample rates in hope that it had something to do with my audio interface but no luck there, unfortunately. I am using AvLinux 2020 and the 5.6.12 rt kernel if that helps.

Att.: Rodney
olegkapitonov
Established Member

Post by olegkapitonov »

Rodney wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:05 pm Dear Oleg,

Today I finally had spare time to try profiling my amp but unfortunately I always get the same error: File is too short! I follow the instructions provided on your website but no matter what name I give to the .wav file, it simply won't analyze at all. So yeah, go figure :roll: I tried several sample rates in hope that it had something to do with my audio interface but no luck there, unfortunately. I am using AvLinux 2020 and the 5.6.12 rt kernel if that helps.

Att.: Rodney
Dear Rodney!

Could you send your response .wav file to my email kapitonov1987@gmail.com, please? This will help a lot to find
and debug problem.