Tal Native Linux support

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

Kott
Established Member

Re: Tal Native Linux support

Post by Kott »

elcalen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:35 am Anyone else have issues with the VST2 versions of the latest builds? VST3 seemed to work, but I Reaper didn't seem to want to detect the VST2 versions.
no problem here
and yes, they moved all their stuff in hidden ~/.toguaudioline
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

Kott wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:21 am
elcalen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:35 am Anyone else have issues with the VST2 versions of the latest builds? VST3 seemed to work, but I Reaper didn't seem to want to detect the VST2 versions.
no problem here
and yes, they moved all their stuff in hidden ~/.toguaudioline
Oh for ****'s sake... *slaps forehead* I totally forgot I recently set Reaper to not show duplicates when both VST2 and VST3 exist. Yeah, I guess they do work. :lol: (Edit: I still have no idea if there's any good reason to pick one plugin format over the over when both exist...)

And I welcome the switch to a hidden folder, every linux developer should do that. No unnecessary clutter in home folders, please!
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
folderol
Established Member

Post by folderol »

elcalen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:35 pm And I welcome the switch to a hidden folder, every linux developer should do that. No unnecessary clutter in home folders, please!
Amen to that!
The Yoshimi guy {apparently now an 'elderly'}
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

elcalen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:35 pm I still have no idea if there's any good reason to pick one plugin format over the over when both exist...
If unsure, just pick VST3 as it's the newer format so in theory should be better if one of them is going to be. But I would read the release notes first as sometimes it can be better to pick VST2 instead. I know that at least used to be the case with some of my plugins, but it isn't anymore since the VST3 standard has been updated.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Ir depends. JUCE based plugins (TAL's are made of JUCE) works more stable I can say. U-he VST3 has some UI issues, so VST2 is preferable.
elcalen
Established Member

Post by elcalen »

Kott wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:33 am Ir depends. JUCE based plugins (TAL's are made of JUCE) works more stable I can say. U-he VST3 has some UI issues, so VST2 is preferable.
I've never had UI issues with U-he VST3s in Reaper, in the past year and half-ish that I've used them. (When I've briefly checked out Waveform, that was another matter...)
Artist name Ben Enkindle. Making electronic music exclusively with Linux software.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

elcalen wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:33 am
Kott wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:33 am Ir depends. JUCE based plugins (TAL's are made of JUCE) works more stable I can say. U-he VST3 has some UI issues, so VST2 is preferable.
I've never had UI issues with U-he VST3s in Reaper, in the past year and half-ish that I've used them. (When I've briefly checked out Waveform, that was another matter...)
U-he VST3 has scale issue in JUCE hosts (Waveform is one of such), irony.
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

I think the u-he VST3 issues have been fixed haven't they? Those are the plugins I used to run in VST2.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Death wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58 am I think the u-he VST3 issues have been fixed haven't they?
Can't confirm that. I still see this bug