JJazzLab 2.0 is out !

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

merlyn
Established Member

Re: JJazzLab 2.0 is out !

Post by merlyn »

I don't have jjazzlab in front of me.

sus2 is an inversion of sus4. Gsus4 (G C D) = Csus2 (C D G). So if you can specify inversions use Gsus4/C for Csus2.
fraslo
Established Member

Post by fraslo »

Hi,

I took a closer look to the song structure possibities and had lots of fun spicing up the accompaniment.

When I activate a song there are 2 bars precount, but when I stop and start the song again, one beat is missing. It sounds like the first beat is "swallowed". This is reproducible with every song on my setup, I hooked up a workstation for playback. It is very irritating that some songs have one bar precount while some have 2 bars, I have to check twice how many beats are played. Can someone confirm this precount behaviour or is it my setup?

Thanks

Frank
jjazzboss
Established Member

Post by jjazzboss »

Hi Frank,

Next version will let you manually configure the precount bars. Current JJazzLab version (2.0) decides 1 or 2 bars depending on the context. For example if song is 4/4 and tempo < 100 then precount is 1 bar, if tempo>=100 precount is 2 bars.

For the other problem "1st beat is swallowed": I also experience this on Windows when JJazzLab uses my external USB soundcard (Roland UA-25) connected to my Yamaha synth. It's like the first beat Midi messages are delayed and arrive almost together with the 2nd beat. If I use other Midi devices the problem gets reduced or even disappear (with the Java Internal Synth for example). It's linked to the Midi implementation of java so there is not much I can do (not my code). Some time ago I made some experiments to try to reduce the issue but no success. Any help will be appreciated !

Now I'm used to add 1 or 2 bars directly in the song using an Intro-A/B variation, this way the issue is not annoying anymore.