AV Linux 2020.1.14 Release Candidate for testing only

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 2020.1.14 Release Candidate for testing only

Post by gennargiu »

GMaq wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 am Hi Gennaro!

I hope on or before April 10th, just finishing the last details.. :wink:
Great news !!!! :D
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Hello Glen!
I'm planning to release 1.1.17 version of plugins at the end of week. Please don't miss since there will be fixes that solve some unpleasant bugs.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

sadko4u wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:28 pm Hello Glen!
I'm planning to release 1.1.17 version of plugins at the end of week. Please don't miss since there will be fixes that solve some unpleasant bugs.
Hi sadko4u!

Glad to hear you are continuing the excellent work with your plugins! Now that your work is in KXStudio I don't custom package them anymore for AV Linux, I rely on them to come through the KXStudio repos so if they get on the actual ISO itself will largely depend on how quickly they get updated in the KX Repos..
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

To anyone reading..

Good news: AV Linux 2020 is ready to release, last minute inclusions are NVMe support for Systemback and Kernel 5.4.28RT... plus many more changes and improvements over last years 2019 release

Bad news: Waiting for Mixbus 32C's latest 6.0 updated release, and I switched ISPs right when Covid-19 hit and am having connectivity problems and am trying to see if I will get a tech or not, I'm having frequent disconnects and can't upload from here, working on alternate upload facilities..

Hoping to still hit an April 10 release.. :wink:
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Post by buonamorte.records »

Hi Glen,

If needed, We can give you the access to our platforms to distribute better your amazing AVL2020! You can choose between redplastic.org or buonamorte.org.
That's all We can offer...
Thanks a lot for your work!

Piermarco Lunghi
Red Plastic Studio
Buonamorte Records
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

buonamorte.records wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:40 pm Hi Glen,

If needed, We can give you the access to our platforms to distribute better your amazing AVL2020! You can choose between redplastic.org or buonamorte.org.
That's all We can offer...
Thanks a lot for your work!

Piermarco Lunghi
Red Plastic Studio
Buonamorte Records
Hi! @buonamorte.records

Thanks so much for the very generous offer! I am fortunate to have enough hosting mirrors for AV Linux with both linuxaudio.org and Bytemark but my problem was getting the ISO from my machine to the host because I'm having issues with my Internet Provider at my home...

I was able to fix my problem myself (16 feet up on a ladder re-aiming my wireless antenna) and now although the speeds are not great I'm able to upload without constant disconnections... Stay tuned!
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Oh yes!!

I'm so curious to try it!! Are the UEFI problems gone?
Lume
Established Member

Post by Lume »

Hi everybody! New user in the forum.

I'm testing AV Linux 2020 RC1 and so far so good, can't wait for the final release. Big big thanks to Gmaq, this distro rocks! :)

There's only one thing I can't figure out, I don't know how to manage or access my bluetooth devices. I can't find any software about it in applications menu or maybe I don't know where to look. Would someone please point me in the right direction?. Thanks !
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

buonamorte.records wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:23 am Oh yes!!

I'm so curious to try it!! Are the UEFI problems gone?
UEFI installs work for a lot of systems, but it seems some still don't work.. I only have 2 to test here and they both work without any change to the UEFI utilities. I can't guarantee what might work and what may not unfortunately.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Lume wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 am Hi everybody! New user in the forum.

I'm testing AV Linux 2020 RC1 and so far so good, can't wait for the final release. Big big thanks to Gmaq, this distro rocks! :)

There's only one thing I can't figure out, I don't know how to manage or access my bluetooth devices. I can't find any software about it in applications menu or maybe I don't know where to look. Would someone please point me in the right direction?. Thanks !
Hi, regarding Bluetooth on Linux..

AV Linux Audio routing etc is based on JACK (which is set up to integrate with PulseAudio seamlessly) Bluetooth doesn't work with JACK and it never worked perfectly with ALSA so PulseAudio is the only BT game in town. I personally never use BT on any of my PC's (I use it to death on my Phone though) so to be honest for me setting up AV Linux Bluetooth has been of peripheral concern.. I would guess that installing the PulseAudio bluetooth module should pull in whatever you would need for using Bluetooth with PulseAudio in AV Linux just like any other distro with PulseAudio..

It's a valid question and I will consider adding that functionality as far as I understand it anyway... Thanks!
MrEen

Post by MrEen »

Lume wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:40 am Hi everybody! New user in the forum.

Hi Lume,

This page should sort it out hopefully: https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser/a2dp
Lume
Established Member

Post by Lume »

MrEen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm
This page should sort it out hopefully: https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser/a2dp
I followed the instructions of that link and it worked like a charm. Now I can connect my Ipad to pulseaudio via bluetooth and then to Jack with the well implemented AV Linux's pulseaudio bridge. :)

Can't wait to get the final release of this distro, best multimedia Linux I've tried by far!

Thank you MrEen and thank you GMaq!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Lume wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:03 am
MrEen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:09 pm
I followed the instructions of that link and it worked like a charm. Now I can connect my Ipad to pulseaudio via bluetooth and then to Jack with the well implemented AV Linux's pulseaudio bridge. :)

Can't wait to get the final release of this distro, best multimedia Linux I've tried by far!

Thank you MrEen and thank you GMaq!
Hi Lume,

Thanks to your question and the info provided by MrEen I have included the BT Utilities in the next release, in this world of BT Audio devices everywhere it was an oversight to not have it on there, thanks again for your suggestion!
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Hi Glen,

Reading the manual you describe a partition table that include /home in /; usually I put / and /home in different partitions. Is that a system needed solution or I can use / and /home in different partitions without problems?

I'm so excited to install it on my studio-laptop! I've tested the iso on usb and it looks so GREAT!

Thanks a lot!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

The example in the manual is just to make things super simple, you can create another partition with GParted and assign it as a home folder with the Systemback installer if you want. If you select that created partition in Systemback it should give the option for '/home'.