AV Linux 2020.1.14 Release Candidate for testing only

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

buonamorte.records
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 2020.1.14 Release Candidate for testing only

Post by buonamorte.records »

Ok, I'm doing like this...but I've a big problem: when I choose start install, the restore point isn't set on Live but on Current System...so, no way...I'm on an nvme disk...any ideas?
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Hmmm unfortunately as it said in the Release announcement NVMe support is completely new and I have no NVMe systems here to test on so even I don't know what behavior to expect.. So is it the same behavior if you don't create an extra home partition?
buonamorte.records
Established Member

I've tryied to not create the /boot/efi (that's stupid, i know...) and I've installed a system in / with /home partition. Then I've tryied to add the /boot/efi (and / and /home again) and it seems done. Then boot repair from the tools, mounting all. Then i'm following the manual in the last section of boot problems but nothing works...
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Now i choose to not formatting the /boot/efi and the installer is working...after that, I'm not sure about what to do...but the /boot/efi MUST be 128M?
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

If your computer is able to boot in 'legacy' mode or you can disable secure boot even with UEFI then it may possible you don't need an EFI folder at all. Not every UEFI system needs an EFI folder but some do. 128Mb is an arbitrary number you can make it whatever size you want in Gparted..

If a legacy type boot is an option then you may need to format the drive to a 'MSDOS' partition table instead of 'GPT'.

My apologies but AV Linux is bound by the limitations of Systemback, for many systems with SATA and regular SSD's it is a very quick and simple install method but my experience with UEFI systems is a bit limited and my own experience with NVMe systems is non-existent. It would be nice to get some information from any other User that has managed to get an NVMe install to work then we could compare some notes..
buonamorte.records
Established Member

Glen, you don't have to apologize! You've created a great system for audio production, I've used it a lot with my old pc! The new one have this nvme and it seems more complicated...I'm trying again...I hope it will work!
sprock
Established Member

Post by sprock »

Hi buonamorte.records,

since my next PC (which I will build in the coming days) will also have a NVMe SSD as system drive, I am very interested how it turned out.