Page 5 of 7

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:02 pm
by khz
8)

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 pm
by khz
Wish: Add an Attack (and a Decay) to the left of Sustain (and a Release to the right). :D

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:05 am
by merlyn
I compiled XPolymonk on Arch and it works. The image on this one is good too :)

Occaisonally the dynamic response seems strange -- the volume is louder or quieter than I was expecting given how hard I played. Something to do with note velocity and how that translates to the volume of the output.

One Tibetan monk was good -- a choir is even better!

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 pm
by khz
merlyn wrote:Occaisonally the dynamic response seems strange -- the volume is louder or quieter than I was expecting given how hard I played. Something to do with note velocity and how that translates to the volume of the output.
That's right, I also noticed that when playing the instruments.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:09 am
by tramp
merlyn wrote:Occaisonally the dynamic response seems strange -- the volume is louder or quieter than I was expecting given how hard I played. Something to do with note velocity and how that translates to the volume of the output.
There may be a issue with my poly voice implementation. I've now moved the compressor behind the delay, that will reduce the dynamics a bit.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:12 pm
by khz
Sounds great! :D
tramp wrote:To give a bit more control for the gain I've added now support for velocity, so you could control the gain with your midi controller.
The gain control is influenced by the velocity of the piano keyboard? I don't find that musically meaningful. :?:

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:02 am
by tramp
khz wrote:The gain control is influenced by the velocity of the piano keyboard? I don't find that musically meaningful. :?:
Ah, now I understand. Indeed, that was wrong implemented. I've pushed a fix now to the repository.
Also, I enabled now 12 voices instead 6 before.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 am
by khz
Ta! :D Thank you very much! 8)
The two singers/instruments sound good and are now easy to play.

Now add
khz wrote:Wish: Add an Attack (and a Decay) to the left of Sustain (and a Release to the right). :D

and the singers are even more natural - amaze. :wink:<EDIT>
(e.g. ENV AMT from Squaver P1+

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:00 am
by tramp
khz wrote:Now add

khz wrote:
Wish: Add an Attack (and a Decay) to the left of Sustain (and a Release to the right). :D
Okay, done.
Be careful with it now, don't drive it under drugs. :wink:

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:16 am
by khz
Space Orbiter Choir. 8)
The ASR would also be musically good for the Xmonk!
@Sustain: If it is set above 50% you have continuous tones.

# Happy Christmas.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:30 am
by bluebell
tramp wrote:
khz wrote:Now add

khz wrote:
Wish: Add an Attack (and a Decay) to the left of Sustain (and a Release to the right). :D
Okay, done.
Be careful with it now, don't drive it under drugs. :wink:
xpolymonking.jpg

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:59 am
by tramp
khz wrote:Space Orbiter Choir. 8)
The ASR would also be musically good for the Xmonk!
@Sustain: If it is set above 50% you have continuous tones.

# Happy Christmas.
@Sustain, it depend on the release time, when you set release time to 0.5 (64) the sustain beehive like before. When you set release time longer, the swell done from sustain will increase, up to a point were it goes continue. But, play a new note, will replace the old one in 12. order.

@bluebell :lol:

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:47 am
by tramp
khz wrote:@Sustain: If it is set above 50% you have continuous tones.
Okay, after thinking about it a bit, I noticed that even the implementation of sustain was wrong.
I've fixed that now, so that you get continues sound only when set to 1 (127) the release now is insert after the sustain, as it should be.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:06 pm
by bluebell
This change breaks it. Sound doesn't stop and doesn't react to played notes properly.

Re: [LAA] Xmonk.lv2 a little sound generator

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:30 pm
by tramp
Oh, thanks for report, I've revert the last commit.