[ANN] LSP Plugins version 1.1.3 is published!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

[ANN] LSP Plugins version 1.1.3 is published!

Post by sadko4u »

Published LSP Plugins version 1.1.3 with many improvements.
  • Updated File saving widget to support different kinds of file types.
  • Added support of latency report by JACK version of plugins.
  • Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by JACK transport for JACK plugin format.
  • Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by host for LV2 plugin format.
  • Added support of playback position report (BPM, etc) by host for VST plugin format.
  • Added emulation of playback position report for LADSPA wrapper.
  • Implemented Fraction widget for editing time signature.
  • Implemented Tempo tap widget for manually adjusting tempo.
  • Added possibility to configure Slap-Back delay plugin series using BPM-related time units.
  • All grid lines are made more 'darken' in the UI.
  • Added delay ramping (interpolation) option for Compensation Delay plugin series. This feature allows to apply soft delay change when applying automation in DAW.
  • Added delay ramping (interpolation) option for Slap-Back Delay plugin series. This feature allows to apply soft delay change when applying automation in DAW.
  • Added modules for reading text files.
  • Re-implemented parameter serializing and deserializing interface for more flexible and safe usage.
  • Added possibility to copy samples and impulse response files between different AudioFile widgets.
  • Fixed GUI crash when pasting data from clipboard.
  • Added ability to move the split bars on the Multiband Compressor's graph with the mouse.
Last edited by sadko4u on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins version 1.1.3 is published!

Post by sysrqer »

What's all this about the slap back delay? Did I miss exploring a plugin?
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

sysrqer wrote:What's all this about the slap back delay? Did I miss exploring a plugin?
Here's a demo: https://youtu.be/JFXTcJb4DLs
With this plugin you can simulate set of short delays to enhance some spatial effects.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Cool, that looks useful.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

Thanks for the new release!

In particular, this new release fixes the problem I was having, in which I could not use LSP IR plugins in Carla.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

finotti wrote:Thanks for the new release!

In particular, this new release fixes the problem I was having, in which I could not use LSP IR plugins in Carla.
That shound at least strange, nothing special related to LSP IR was made. What was the problem?
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

sadko4u wrote:
finotti wrote:Thanks for the new release!

That shound at least strange, nothing special related to LSP IR was made. What was the problem?
There was no error message or any apparent problem, but it would produce no sound. It happened with 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Maybe something changed in Carla? (Or maybe I was doing something stupid, but I don' know what it could have been, as it is pretty straight forward...) If you are curious, I can roll 1.1.2 back and try again.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

finotti wrote:There was no error message or any apparent problem, but it would produce no sound. It happened with 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Maybe something changed in Carla? (Or maybe I was doing something stupid, but I don' know what it could have been, as it is pretty straight forward...) If you are curious, I can roll 1.1.2 back and try again.
It could be at least insteresting experiment.
I've also caught report from several people yesterday that something was broken in Renoise:
https://sourceforge.net/p/lsp-plugins/tickets/16/
That's strange, too.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

sadko4u wrote:
finotti wrote:There was no error message or any apparent problem, but it would produce no sound. It happened with 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Maybe something changed in Carla? (Or maybe I was doing something stupid, but I don' know what it could have been, as it is pretty straight forward...) If you are curious, I can roll 1.1.2 back and try again.
It could be at least insteresting experiment.
I've also caught report from several people yesterday that something was broken in Renoise:
https://sourceforge.net/p/lsp-plugins/tickets/16/
That's strange, too.
OK, I've tried it with 1.1.2 again and had no problems... So either there was some change in Carla that fixed it (it was a while ago, right after 1.1.2 was released) or, a lot more likely, I was doing something stupid... Sorry about the noise.

(I'm also having trouble with the compressor producing some pops in a mix, with versions 1.1.[1,2,3], but I will make a new topic when I have some more time...)