AV Linux 2018.4.12 Released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

gennargiu
Established Member

Re: AV Linux 2018.4.12 Released!

Post by gennargiu »

Hi Glenn,congratulations for new version av linux !!! It's a great distro for audio and video production. :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

hello Glenn I noticed one thing, I'm trying av linux in virtual box, the installation was successful, only that only the live version works. The distro can not be installed in the virtualizer but only used in live mode. Do I need to give some command to the terminal to install it permanently in the virtualbox virtualizer? thanks for the future help :wink:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 3,1 Ghz - 16 Giga Ram Hd 2 Terabyte - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8 - Mixbus 7
Asus X54c - Mx Linux 19.4-Ardour 6.8- Mixbus 7-RPI3 + Raspbian Buster- Rpi4 (4giga ram)
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

You have to tell Virtualbox to not boot the LiveISO image and use the host computer Optical Drive instead, sorry I only have English instructions to show. If your computer doesn't have an Optical drive just make sure VBox isn't trying to boot from the AV Linux LiveISO.

Also... JACK performance is horrible in Vbox, you will need at least 2048fpp to avoid Xruns. :wink:
VBox settings
VBox settings
VBoxSettings.png (65.06 KiB) Viewed 642 times
gennargiu
Established Member

Post by gennargiu »

GMaq wrote:Hi,

You have to tell Virtualbox to not boot the LiveISO image and use the host computer Optical Drive instead, sorry I only have English instructions to show. If your computer doesn't have an Optical drive just make sure VBox isn't trying to boot from the AV Linux LiveISO.

Also... JACK performance is horrible in Vbox, you will need at least 2048fpp to avoid Xruns. :wink:
VBoxSettings.png
many thanks Glenn :wink:
singforme
Established Member

Post by singforme »

Hi Glenn, great system you've put together, really appreciated, made a little donation the other day. I especially love how little latency is possible with Mixbus.
two little things to consider:
startup is fairly slow
Kdenlive version from the debian rep is pretty ancient, so I installed the appimage from the official site because it wouldn't run my old session files.
But these are really the only things I've noticed on the minus side. Otherwise really brilliant stuff!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

singforme wrote:Hi Glenn, great system you've put together, really appreciated, made a little donation the other day. I especially love how little latency is possible with Mixbus.
two little things to consider:
startup is fairly slow
Kdenlive version from the debian rep is pretty ancient, so I installed the appimage from the official site because it wouldn't run my old session files.
But these are really the only things I've noticed on the minus side. Otherwise really brilliant stuff!
Hi and thanks very much!

The slow startup issue has been found to be the Virtualbox guest additions, see here:
http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php?topic=4146.0