[ANN] LSP Plugins: the first anniversary 1.0.18 release is out!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

[ANN] LSP Plugins: the first anniversary 1.0.18 release is out!

Post by sadko4u »

LSP Plugins celebrate one year since first 1.0.0 release! This day, new release of version 1.0.18 has been published.
  • Implemented Begrenzer Mono, Stereo, Sidechain Mono, Sidechain Stereo (Limiter) plugin series.
  • Added KVRDC16 entry - Dynamikprozessor Mono, Stereo, LeftRight, MidSide plugin series.
  • Added 2x/3x/4x oversampling support by DSP modules.
  • Small code refactoring.
This release contains KVRDC16 entry - Dynamikprocessor. If you have previously downloaded and installed it from KVR site, please remove it before installing this pacakge.

As usual, binaries are available at sourceforge.net
Donations on bountysource.com will help the project. Please subscribe and help the project by automatically sending small donations every month.

Demo that demonstrates the limiter is available on youtube, too.

Also, I think, we should play a small game for the upcoming Christmas and New Year.
Just explain in details what plugin you're missing in linux audio and how should it work, and, maybe, Santa will bring it to life in the future.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins: the first anniversary 1.0.18 release is out!

Post by funkmuscle »

Vladimir, love it dude!! thank you!!! and yes, I like the Christmas game..
Transient Designer I like to see. Calf has one but Calf works only sometimes in Ardour.
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

Thank you for this work and congratulations on one year! Also thank you for the videos you make--it is VERY helpful to see and hear plugins in action and your explanations are very clear.
listenable at c6a7.org
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

folk really need to play with these plugins. They're quite useful.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Amazing, thanks so much. A decent limiter is something I feel has been missing for us, especially one with detailed views of reduction amounts. The only thing that is missing and I would expect to see (or that I've come accustomed to with when mastering with a well known windows plugin) is dither. I know this can be done with the hosts in most cases but maybe it's something that could be considered at some point. I've had projects where some of the files needed dither and some not so having it in the last plugin in the chain can be useful.

As for the next one? I would like to see your take on a reverb. I've never really found one that I am satisfied with in linux. For convolution ardour cannot lot klangfalter lv2, the vst version loads but I'm not sure is completely stable. X42 plugins convolver is aimed at short impulses and has no controls, IR is unmaintained (I think) and, from experience, can have issues saving/loading parameters. For artificial reverb there are some good ones such as mverb but again I've never really felt very happy with them, none seem to offer the same kind of control that you can get with something like the Valhalla reverbs, epicVerb, or the new fabfilter reverb.

That's what I miss right now, as to what I really would like? A really good tape/dub delay with parameter changes which causes extreme zipper type effects, like Analogic Delay can produce. Tal Dub is amazing but it does not make the crazy sounds when you change the delay time which is a shame.

I think a lot of basic fx are lacking detail and finesse in linux though.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sysrqer wrote:Amazing, thanks so much. A decent limiter is something I feel has been missing for us, especially one with detailed views of reduction amounts. The only thing that is missing and I would expect to see (or that I've come accustomed to with when mastering with a well known windows plugin) is dither. I know this can be done with the hosts in most cases but maybe it's something that could be considered at some point. I've had projects where some of the files needed dither and some not so having it in the last plugin in the chain can be useful.

As for the next one? I would like to see your take on a reverb. I've never really found one that I am satisfied with in linux. For convolution ardour cannot lot klangfalter lv2, the vst version loads but I'm not sure is completely stable. X42 plugins convolver is aimed at short impulses and has no controls, IR is unmaintained (I think) and, from experience, can have issues saving/loading parameters. For artificial reverb there are some good ones such as mverb but again I've never really felt very happy with them, none seem to offer the same kind of control that you can get with something like the Valhalla reverbs, epicVerb, or the new fabfilter reverb.

That's what I miss right now, as to what I really would like? A really good tape/dub delay with parameter changes which causes extreme zipper type effects, like Analogic Delay can produce. Tal Dub is amazing but it does not make the crazy sounds when you change the delay time which is a shame.

I think a lot of basic fx are lacking detail and finesse in linux though.
convolution reverb yes!!!!!
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

A nice reverb plugin based on freeverb 3.
It's old but does sound good IMHO.
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

The one plugin I would like to have and have never found is one that converts audio to midi, so I can sing or hum a tune and have it translated into MIDI. Even on Windows, it's hard to find. I've only found a couple of them (for Windows) and they were really, really terrible.

I'm sure that some pitch correction tool in the same league as Melodyne would be very welcome, too.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Luc wrote:The one plugin I would like to have and have never found is one that converts audio to midi, so I can sing or hum a tune and have it translated into MIDI. Even on Windows, it's hard to find. I've only found a couple of them (for Windows) and they were really, really terrible.

I'm sure that some pitch correction tool in the same league as Melodyne would be very welcome, too.
Melodyne... I forgot that one.. good call.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Also I decided that ask $600 for Phasendetektor currently is too much, so I lowered the price to $300. And, good news, there are only $200 left for the SCR release that will contain source code of that plugin.
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

Something similar to Glitch 2 would be nice too.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

A filter collection where you could use
bezier or pixel-pencil to draw filter sweeps.
An impulse purchase price of $30-$40 would be fine!
Cheers
Norlick
Established Member

Post by Norlick »

Cheers again Sadko! Amazing work as always!

I'd say I think we're missing subtle saturation / distortion plugins. Stuff like VarietyOfSound used to put out -- FerricTDS, Tessla, the saturation stage in NastyVCS.

Any chance for 8x oversampling in the limiter plugin? :)
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Having issues with the latest 1.0.18 on Arch64. The lv2 won't load and the lxvst Limiter has crashed Ardour.. As soon as I inserted it Ardour froze then crash.. Now I can't load that project even with plugins bybassed. Other projects load fine.
no error messages.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:Having issues with the latest 1.0.18 on Arch64. The lv2 won't load and the lxvst Limiter has crashed Ardour.. As soon as I inserted it Ardour froze then crash.. Now I can't load that project even with plugins bybassed. Other projects load fine.
no error messages.
Please could you provide the stack trace of Ardour?
You also may disable plugins, remove Limiter, save session and restart Ardour.

For debugging and getting crash stack trace with Ardour, please follow these steps:
  • Open console
  • Run ardour from console with --gdb option
  • After gdb starts, issue 'run' command
  • Do usual stuff to reproduce the problem
  • After Ardour crashes, type 'thread apply all bt' in console and attach the output to the bug report.