[ANN] LSP Plugins 1.0.11 have been released!

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

sadko4u
Established Member

[ANN] LSP Plugins 1.0.11 have been released!

Post by sadko4u »

As you see from version numbering, it's a bugfix release. Main cases:
  • Optimized graph widget relative to axis objects, logarithmic scaling is now implemented in SSE2 and is about 6 times faster than native implementation.
  • Refactored widget rendering subsystem: FPS is lowered and stabilized around 20 FPS.
  • Implemented additional compression of built-in XML resources for the UI, now XML resources obtain about 3 times lower space in binaries.
  • Highly optimized rendering of Gtk2Graph and Gtk2File widgets that caused excessive CPU load: the CPU utilization is now about 7 times lower.
You may download builds from usual place: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lsp-pl ... s/v1.0.11/
Also you may donate the project here: https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/lsp-plugins
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
juki
Established Member

Re: [ANN] LSP Plugins 1.0.11 have been released!

Post by juki »

Thanks for these plugs, i tried the phase detector and it was useful.
I just made a small donation, i hope more people will give at least a bit.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Thanks! Already working for the new release!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sadko4u wrote:Thanks! Already working for the new release!
hey Vladimir, In your interview with Libre Music Production, you mentioned Linux needed some plugins like Melodyne.
Are you working on plugins like that? Also I keep seeing on YouTube guys using FET Compressors, is there a difference to what we have here for Linux? I couldn't find any FET Compressor plugins for Linux.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

funkmuscle wrote:
hey Vladimir, In your interview with Libre Music Production, you mentioned Linux needed some plugins like Melodyne.
Are you working on plugins like that?
I'm currently working on other plugins. Software like Melodyne currently can not be produced as plugin, only as standalone application, and this requires very good DSP base. I know how to implement it (the basic idea) but it's not the first priority for me because the DSP core of LSP plugins has to grow first and become collection of such instruments as filters, compressors pitch tracking and pitch shifting. Each new release of plugins contains new modules of DSP core that open new possibilities. Each new plugin internally looks out as built from functional blocks rather huge amount of raw code. So my current work allows to extend the DSP core and publish new useful gear. Then, maybe, I'll aim to implement something like Melodyne.
funkmuscle wrote:Also I keep seeing on YouTube guys using FET Compressors, is there a difference to what we have here for Linux? I couldn't find any FET Compressor plugins for Linux.
I actually can not say anything about it. Each implementation of compressor is unique. They may simulate analog circuits or do direct 'dry' digital processing. FET means that these compressors probably simulate analog circuits based on FET transistors that also can be implemented in different ways. Most analog-simulated plugins are designed to additionally add some colors to the sound. But the similar effect also may be reached by saturators, distortions and other 'coloring' plugins. So the answer about compressors is the only one: you should know how compressors work and how to properly use them, and then you can decide about does the specific compressor fit your requirements or not.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

sadko4u wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
Are you working on plugins like that?
I'm currently working on other plugins. Software like Melodyne currently can not be produced as plugin, only as standalone application, and this requires very good DSP base. I know how to implement it (the basic idea) but it's not the first priority for me because the DSP core of LSP plugins has to grow first and become collection of such instruments as filters, compressors pitch tracking and pitch shifting. Each new release of plugins contains new modules of DSP core that open new possibilities. Each new plugin internally looks out as built from functional blocks rather huge amount of raw code. So my current work allows to extend the DSP core and publish new useful gear. Then, maybe, I'll aim to implement something like Melodyne.
funkmuscle wrote:Also I keep seeing on YouTube guys using FET Compressors, is there a difference to what we have here for Linux? I couldn't find any FET Compressor plugins for Linux.
I actually can not say anything about it. Each implementation of compressor is unique. They may simulate analog circuits or do direct 'dry' digital processing. FET means that these compressors probably simulate analog circuits based on FET transistors that also can be implemented in different ways. Most analog-simulated plugins are designed to additionally add some colors to the sound. But the similar effect also may be reached by saturators, distortions and other 'coloring' plugins. So the answer about compressors is the only one: you should know how compressors work and how to properly use them, and then you can decide about does the specific compressor fit your requirements or not.
Dude, I love the way you answer things. You give such details and I thank you for that. It's funny that you say that first you need to learn how to use a compressor and then make your mind up from there. That has been my problem and that's exactly what I'm studying right now. By the way your equalizers do sound amazing. Thank you again for your great work man. As soon as I get employed I will definitely do whatever I can to donate.