LSP Project

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

lilith wrote:Still crashing:
I see still count being too huge: count=18446744073703159930
Have you properly rebuilt plugins? You need to issue:

Code: Select all

make clean
before you'll start any build.

Also, what's your audio settings - Sample rate, buffer size, etc?
Maybe I'll try to launch plugins with your settings.

Edit:
Also, please try this commit:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... 2edc7f4c25

It seems that there was a really buffer-overflow-related memory corruption.
Last edited by sadko4u on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

sadko4u wrote:
lilith wrote:Still crashing:
I see still count being too huge: count=18446744073703159930
Have you properly rebuilt plugins? You need to issue:

Code: Select all

make clean
before you'll start any build.

Also, what's your audio settings - Sample rate, buffer size, etc?
Maybe I'll try to launch plugins with your settings.
Yes, I made "make clean" and "git checkout -b spectrum-analyzer origin/spectrum-analyzer".

I'm using 1056 samples @ 48 kHz and 3 periods/buffer.

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

lilith wrote: I'm using 1056 samples @ 48 kHz and 3 periods/buffer.
1056? It's non-standard power-of-two buffer size. Maybe it's related to such settings.

Anyway, please try this commit:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... 2edc7f4c25

It seems that there was a really buffer-overflow-related memory corruption.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

sadko4u wrote:
lilith wrote: I'm using 1056 samples @ 48 kHz and 3 periods/buffer.
1056? It's non-standard power-of-two buffer size. Maybe it's related to such settings.

Anyway, please try this commit:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... 2edc7f4c25

It seems that there was a really buffer-overflow-related memory corruption.
It works better with my interface as it's a multiple of 48. I'll check again.

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

lilith wrote:It works better with my interface as it's a multiple of 48. I'll check again.
I've reproduced the bug using your samples/buffer settings. The latest patch should fix the problem.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

sadko4u wrote:
lilith wrote:It works better with my interface as it's a multiple of 48. I'll check again.
I've reproduced the bug on your samples/buffer settings. The latest patch should fix the problem.
Great :) Thanks!

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

Solid like a rock now! :D

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

lilith wrote:Great :) Thanks!
The list of affected plugins by this bug: Parametric Equalizer, Graphic Equalizer, Spectrum Analyzer, Multiband Compressor.

Merged changes to devel branch.
Removed spectrum-analyzer branch.
Added patch to the hotfix branch which can be used as a patch source to the 1.1.10 release source code.
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... 30072f9544
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

I'm a bit confused which branch to install now of the LSP plugins. Guess the recent bug fixes are not implemented in the master yet?
I also wanted to setup the parametric EQ, but I don't see any APO option in the mode. Maybe I'm missing the recent changes, because last time installed from the spectrum analyzer branch?

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

Also getting a crash when changing the mode paramter to eg FIR. Again with Desktop freeze. When I check the tmp folder from another console there's nothing written to it. So, likely a crash in Carla?

Image

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

I copied the LSP files from /home/marco/lib/vst to /home/marco/vst and now everything is working fine. Maybe a problem with Carla / Renoise as Renoise didn't find the VST path. Also the APO is back.

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

lilith wrote:I'm a bit confused which branch to install now of the LSP plugins. Guess the recent bug fixes are not implemented in the master yet?
I also wanted to setup the parametric EQ, but I don't see any APO option in the mode. Maybe I'm missing the recent changes, because last time installed from the spectrum analyzer branch?
You can use tags to fetch the latest release. For example, this is the 1.1.10 release:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... ins-1.1.10

If you want to get hot fixes to the latest release, you may checkout the hotfix branch which has master branch as a base:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/tree/hotfix

If you want to get the actual development branch, you probably need to checkout the devel branch:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/tree/devel
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

User avatar
lilith
Established Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm
Location: bLACK fOREST
Contact:

Re: LSP Project

Post by lilith »

sadko4u wrote:
lilith wrote:I'm a bit confused which branch to install now of the LSP plugins. Guess the recent bug fixes are not implemented in the master yet?
I also wanted to setup the parametric EQ, but I don't see any APO option in the mode. Maybe I'm missing the recent changes, because last time installed from the spectrum analyzer branch?
You can use tags to fetch the latest release. For example, this is the 1.1.10 release:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/ ... ins-1.1.10

If you want to get hot fixes to the latest release, you may checkout the hotfix branch which has master branch as a base:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/tree/hotfix

If you want to get the actual development branch, you probably need to checkout the devel branch:
https://github.com/sadko4u/lsp-plugins/tree/devel
Thanks! Just have to get used more to git :)

User avatar
Capoeira
Established Member
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LSP Project

Post by Capoeira »

a output peak meter for plugins like EQs and convolvers would be very usefull

User avatar
sadko4u
Established Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: LSP Project

Post by sadko4u »

Capoeira wrote:a output peak meter for plugins like EQs and convolvers would be very usefull
For EQs there is already an output meter. For Convolvers... Maybe, if I find the proper place where to locate them.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.

Post Reply