[ANN] Radium 3 released

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

kmatheussen
Established Member

[ANN] Radium 3 released

Post by kmatheussen »

Deleted
Last edited by kmatheussen on Mon May 04, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kmatheussen
Established Member

Re: [ANN] Radium 3 released

Post by kmatheussen »

I've said this before: I rather see you don't package it. There are binaries for Radium on the home page. These binaries are packaged the proper way. Bad packaging makes Radium look bad, so it's better not to risk that. I'm not changing my mind about this just because you ask yet another time.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Binaries are demos. Non-demos binaries are for suscribers. That's not an issue, it's your choice. But you seem to say that no good packaging can be made by others, including Falktx. Is it the same with compiling from source ? If yes, then it is incomplete free software, or anything else ? I don't get the point. You should make things clearer : can we get a complete uncrippled version of Radium from source ?
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

stanlea wrote:Binaries are demos. Non-demos binaries are for suscribers. That's not an issue, it's your choice. But you seem to say that no good packaging can be made by others, including Falktx. Is it the same with compiling from source ? If yes, then it is incomplete free software, or anything else ? I don't get the point. You should make things clearer : can we get a complete uncrippled version of Radium from source ?
What's this? It's open source. You can do whatever you want with it.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

Ok , thanks.
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

falkTX wrote: (perhaps you just want some incentive for people to pay for binaries? It'd be better you just said so...)
I don't bother with this. If people want radium, they should download it from the home page. I don't want to spend unnecessary time making sure Radium works with other versions of libraries, and making sure it works properly if not packaged the same way I do. There's no money in selling subscriptions on linux. Also, please don't post any more rude comments on radium's issue tracker at github.
Last edited by kmatheussen on Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

I tried to compile from source : the install_dependencies_debian.sh messed up my system, automatically removing jackd2 and other packages without even asking confirmation. Not really user-friendly.
akiz
Established Member

Post by akiz »

Yeah, same problem here.
I would love to try it but without compilation.
Newk
Established Member

Post by Newk »

Just installed 3.4.3 on my KXStudio Lubuntu 15.04 64bit... and it seems to run fine.. it only complains about not finding Calf MultiChorus LADSPA plugin.. when loading the Blowfish demosong... (quite an experimental one.. kinda wonky dissonant Autechre like :D ) ..that LADSPA also used in the other demosong?

Need to find my way in the program still. looks smooth tho 8)

(now trying to install pd-extended to try that with it... seems it doesn't have dist for Vivid :x )

edit: i didn't need to compile it.. just downloaded the linux binary featured on the download page and run the starts script from its folder
Newk
Established Member

Post by Newk »

After i settled to download pd (vanilla 0.46.2) from ubuntu 15.04 repositories.. i figured out that i didn't need to.
Double-clicking on a pd object in the mixer opens puredata editor
Radium comes with pd-extended 0.43.4 via libpd (but not with all the externals?)
anyway.. nice that it seems to work :mrgreen: