Ann: Radium 1.9.37

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

kmatheussen
Established Member

Re: Ann: Radium 1.9.37

Post by kmatheussen »

Have you, or have you not, tried to install libiberty-dev?
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Yes I tried that myself already, but that doesn't fix it as you saw in my error message
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

studio32 wrote:Yes I tried that myself already, but that doesn't fix it as you saw in my error message
Sorry about that, it wasn't clear what "both" was referring to.
I've looked at the libiberty-dev package, and it looks like they've moved
libiberty.h into libiberty/libiberty.h

Can you manually change libiberty.h into libiberty/libiberty.h in the following two files:

check_dependencies.sh

and

crashreporter/backtrace-symbols.c:

?

Hopefully that should make the program compile. It might not make
backtrace work for the crash reporter though, so I'll probably have to install
debian testing and see what has happened there, but at least you should be able to run
the program.
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

kmatheussen wrote:
studio32 wrote:Yes I tried that myself already, but that doesn't fix it as you saw in my error message
Sorry about that, it wasn't clear what "both" was referring to.
I've looked at the libiberty-dev package, and it looks like they've moved
libiberty.h into libiberty/libiberty.h

Can you manually change libiberty.h into libiberty/libiberty.h in the following two files:

check_dependencies.sh

and

crashreporter/backtrace-symbols.c:

?

Hopefully that should make the program compile. It might not make
backtrace work for the crash reporter though, so I'll probably have to install
debian testing and see what has happened there, but at least you should be able to run
the program.
No wait. Just fix check_dependencies.sh, and build Radium like this instead:

CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libiberty BUILDTYPE=RELEASE ./build_linux.sh -j7
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Code: Select all

In file included from crashreporter/backtrace-symbols.c:58:0,
                 from crashreporter/crashreporter_posix.c:22:
/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h:110:14: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
 extern char *basename (const char *) ATTRIBUTE_RETURNS_NONNULL ATTRIBUTE_NONNULL(1);
              ^
/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h:110:1: error: parameter name omitted
 extern char *basename (const char *) ATTRIBUTE_RETURNS_NONNULL ATTRIBUTE_NONNULL(1);
 ^
crashreporter/crashreporter_posix.c:122:1: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input
 }
 ^
crashreporter/crashreporter_posix.c:122:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
make: *** [crashreporter_posix.o] Error 1
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

Try to comment out line 58 in crashreporter/backtrace-symbols.c. Like this:

// # include <libiberty.h> // mac ports doesn't install this file.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h:655:14: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘C_alloca’
 extern void *C_alloca (size_t) ATTRIBUTE_MALLOC;
              ^
temp4528.c:6:1: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘main’
 main(){return 0;}
 ^
In file included from temp4528.c:5:0:
/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h:110:14: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
              ^
/usr/include/libiberty/libiberty.h:110:1: error: parameter name omitted
 ^
temp4528.c:6:1: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input
 main(){return 0;}
 ^
Couldn't find -lbfd or -ldl, or header files for bfd, dlfcn or libiberty.
On Fedora, binutils-devel, libtool-ltdl or libtool might be missing.
On Debian, libc6-dev or binutils-dev might be missing.
make: *** [dependencies_ok] Error 5
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

Try to delete line 95 in check_dependencies.sh. This one:

echo "#include <libiberty.h>" >>temp$$.c
studio32

Post by studio32 »

p -DDSP_NAME=\"STK\ Glass\ Harmonica\" -DCREATE_NAME=create_stk_glass_harmonica_plugin -Iaudio/faust-examples/faust-stk
check_dependencies.sh: line 150: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [dependencies_ok] Error 2
]
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

studio32 wrote:

p -DDSP_NAME=\"STK\ Glass\ Harmonica\" -DCREATE_NAME=create_stk_glass_harmonica_plugin -Iaudio/faust-examples/faust-stk
check_dependencies.sh: line 150: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [dependencies_ok] Error 2
]
That doesn't make sense. Try this:

git checkout check_dependencies.sh
sed -i s/\ \ \ \ echo\ \"\#include\ \<libiberty.h\>\"/echo/ check_dependencies.sh
EDIT: I guess you didn't downloaded viagit. Get check_dependencies.sh like this instead:

rm -f check_dependencies.sh
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kmatheussen/radium/master/check_dependencies.sh
studio32

Post by studio32 »

yep git here

Sitar\" -DCREATE_NAME=create_stk_sitar_plugin -Iaudio/faust-examples/faust-stk

Packages not build. First run 'make packages'

/radium/bin/packages/libpd-master/externals/k_cext/k_cext_unix.c:48: warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
bash -c "if ! libpds/bin2c libs/libpd.so >libpds/libpd_so.c ; then rm -f loader-file.c ; echo 'could not make loader-file.c' ; failed-failed-failed ; fi "
bash -c "if [[ ! -s libpds/libpd_so.c ]] ; then rm -f libpds/libpd_so.c ; echo 'could not make libpds/libpd_so.c' ; failed-failed-failed ; fi "
cc -DPD -DLIBPD -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DUSEAPI_DUMMY -I./pure-data/src -I./libpd_wrapper -I./libpd_wrapper/util -DHAVE_LIBDL -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -fPIC -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include" -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include/linux" -O3 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -o libs/libpds.so libpds/libpds.c -shared -ldl -Wl,-Bsymbolic -lm -ldl 
cc -DPD -DLIBPD -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DUSEAPI_DUMMY -I./pure-data/src -I./libpd_wrapper -I./libpd_wrapper/util -DHAVE_LIBDL -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -fPIC -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include" -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include/linux" -O3 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -c -o libpds.o libpds/libpds.c -lm -ldl
then it seems to freeze
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

studio32 wrote:yep git here

Sitar\" -DCREATE_NAME=create_stk_sitar_plugin -Iaudio/faust-examples/faust-stk

Packages not build. First run 'make packages'

/radium/bin/packages/libpd-master/externals/k_cext/k_cext_unix.c:48: warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
bash -c "if ! libpds/bin2c libs/libpd.so >libpds/libpd_so.c ; then rm -f loader-file.c ; echo 'could not make loader-file.c' ; failed-failed-failed ; fi "
bash -c "if [[ ! -s libpds/libpd_so.c ]] ; then rm -f libpds/libpd_so.c ; echo 'could not make libpds/libpd_so.c' ; failed-failed-failed ; fi "
cc -DPD -DLIBPD -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DUSEAPI_DUMMY -I./pure-data/src -I./libpd_wrapper -I./libpd_wrapper/util -DHAVE_LIBDL -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -fPIC -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include" -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include/linux" -O3 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -o libs/libpds.so libpds/libpds.c -shared -ldl -Wl,-Bsymbolic -lm -ldl 
cc -DPD -DLIBPD -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DUSEAPI_DUMMY -I./pure-data/src -I./libpd_wrapper -I./libpd_wrapper/util -DHAVE_LIBDL -Wno-int-to-pointer-cast -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -fPIC -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include" -I"/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include/linux" -O3 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall -c -o libpds.o libpds/libpds.c -lm -ldl
then it seems to freeze
That step probably requires a bit of memory since it's a really large file that's compiled. If it really freezes, you are out of luck, but you should at least try to wait at least half an hour, or more.
Out of interest, how much memory do you have?
studio32

Post by studio32 »

2gb

externalobjs/k_cext_unix.c.o: In function `k_sys_mktempfilename':
/home/derick/localpackage/git/radium/bin/packages/libpd-master/externals/k_cext/k_cext_unix.c:48: warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
cc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [libs/libpds.a] Error 4
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/derick/localpackage/git/radium/bin/packages/libpd-master'
make: *** [bin/packages/deletemetorebuild] Error 2
derick@debianpc:~/localpackage/git/radium$ 
kmatheussen
Established Member

Post by kmatheussen »

You are most likely running out of memory.

I tried to compile that file, and gcc used around 1.7 GB at most.

Even worse, clang used around 2.2 GB at most.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

Is it possible to build without PD?