The Friday Interview

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

zth
Established Member

The Friday Interview

Post by zth »

Hey everyone!

I just want to quickly announce a little project I started recently, called "The Friday Interview". My aim is to post a new interview every Friday, with a person from the Linux audio world. Hopefully I can keep going for quite a while. This is also a good cover for me to ask about stuff I'm interested in without seeming weird ;).

Anyway, without further ado, I proudly present the first edition of The Friday Interview, and my first guest: HarryHaaren!

http://www.zthmusic.com/harryhaaren/

I hope you find this interesting, and a huge thanks to Harry for partaking.
StudioDave
Established Member

Re: The Friday Interview

Post by StudioDave »

Excellent piece ! I've spent time with Harry at a couple of conferences, he's a terrific fellow and a dedicated Linux audio coder. He's also a very good musician, which I think shows in his software design considerations.

Well done, zth. Good questions, good presentation. I prefer the print medium for such things, and I look forward to more Friday interviews (and I'd be happy to recommand a few people you might enjoy interviewing). A great way to start my day.

Best,

dp
zth
Established Member

Post by zth »

StudioDave wrote:Excellent piece ! I've spent time with Harry at a couple of conferences, he's a terrific fellow and a dedicated Linux audio coder. He's also a very good musician, which I think shows in his software design considerations.

Well done, zth. Good questions, good presentation. I prefer the print medium for such things, and I look forward to more Friday interviews (and I'd be happy to recommand a few people you might enjoy interviewing). A great way to start my day.

Best,

dp
Thank you very much for the kind words Dave!!

I'd be happy to get some suggestions, I sent you a priv already.

Thanks again, looking forward to publishing the next!
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Great idea zth!

I admire your initiative to undertake such a project, I've really enjoyed the first one and look forward to more! Kudos to you also Harry, keep up the great work!
totalchaos
Established Member

Post by totalchaos »

@zth Good luck with this. It looks really promising. :D

@GMaq Hope to hear you too, discussing the present and the future of AVLinux.
zth
Established Member

Post by zth »

Thank you GMaq and totalchaos! This'll be a really fun series. Watch out for the next one next friday!
zth
Established Member

Post by zth »

New week, new interview! This time, we get to know the guy behind KXStudio a bit better. Presenting The Friday Interview #2 *drumroll*: falkTX!

http://www.zthmusic.com/falktx/

Thanks for reading!
Broomy
Established Member

Post by Broomy »

Just read the interview: Great!
The Quintar Project:
- Popularizing an all fifths tuning for guitarlike instruments
- Youtube: Playing and Building
- Files: Sourceforge
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

Wonderful interview number 2. Keep 'em coming , Gabbe ! :)

Best,

dp
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Another great one zth! Thanks!

falkTX wow! What an impressive list of accomplishments and contributions to the Linux Audio community, simply amazing with no formal training! It is truly incredible (and sad unfortunately) that all this great work is being done on such meagre hardware for such a talented developer, please folks think about all the selfless work that falkTX has done for the community and for heaven's sakes hit the KXStudio donate button and get this man the development hardware he deserves at the very least!!
DoosC
Established Member

Post by DoosC »

Good job zth !
It is great to know a little bit more about the great falkTX ! :D
How are the donations going falkTX ? Have you already been able to gather enough for some hardware upgrade ?

-> Proudly supporting KXStudio ! <-

Hey guys, show you support to the one and only one falkTX so he can do his voodoo !
| DoosC |
artek
Established Member

Post by artek »

great, anyway site sucks: http://www.zthmusic.com/friday-interview/ lacks 2nd. interview.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

artek wrote:great, anyway site sucks
Site sucks!? A little harsh don't you think for a temporarily missing link on an obviously well thought out and well maintained site...?
tnovelli
Established Member

Post by tnovelli »

So falkTX wants a good JACK-MIDI sequencer too, eh? I may be ready to do serious work on that in 2014 myself, now that I've got JACK working reliably thanks especially to GMaq and falkTX and male. While I'm pretty happy with QTractor, I would prefer a more keyboard-based UI, step-sequencing, looping patterns, and odd stuff like JACK freewheeling transport and ALSA support. I'll be in touch...
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

i think everyone wants a good jack-midi sequencer..