Dark City Radio - Worlds First Free & Open Internet Radio

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

danboid
Established Member

Dark City Radio - Worlds First Free & Open Internet Radio

Post by danboid »

On the 4th July I made my first ever posting on the David Icke Forums, one of the biggest and busiest forums on the internet, after having been a member since 2007 to announce Dark City Radio, the worlds first free and open internet radio station!

Here's the full announcement ( http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249821 )
There are a lot of people on this forum who are excited about the launch of The People's Voice - this is evident alone in the amount of money David and his crew have managed to raise over the last few weeks to fund its creation. I'm very happy that TPV's fund raising campaign has been a success and I'll certainly be tuning in when it hits the air/net but until that time I wanted to let this forum know about an even more free and open media platform that I've helped create called Dark City Radio!

Dark City Radio is the worlds first (and currently the only) free and open source software powered live internet radio station that hosts fully unrestricted, uncensored and un-edited live chat shows on a wide variety of subjects, 7 days a week. Not only is it free to listen of course but anybody is free to take part and for free, whether you just call in occasionally or you want a regular show. All the Dark City hosts are volunteers, doing it purely for the love of it; just like the communities who created the software we are using to bring you this free and open media platform.

By making use of and feeding back to a number of high quality open source software projects including KXStudio Linux and its Cadence suite of tools, JACK, IDJC, icecast, VNC, PHP and Mumble we have created an online broadcasting system that is 100% free and open source. The server powering it all AND its backup server have cost us less than £500 altogether and that measly sum was generously paid for by our lovely listeners via bitcoin donations!

I believe you can't have a totally free and non-biased media platform if you are dependent upon advertising revenue and Dark City has NO ads, ever! As a result we do not have to keep any sponsors happy and can and do say just as we please! True free speech on a free platform and its here now!

Some of the guests we've already featured on Dark City include Rick Simpson (who has his own show for curing cancer), Deek Jackson (FKN News), Kevin Annett (removed the last Pope), Darren Deojee, Dean Clifford, Santos Bonacci, Dan Bidondi, Michael Tellinger and Charlie Veitch just to name a few. We really do get some of the worlds most interesting people passing through the Dark City so hopefully you'll come check it out and join the fun!

darkcityradio.com