[ANN] guitarix-0.11.1

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

canarymu

Re: [ANN] guitarix-0.07.0

Post by canarymu »

thank much for the sharing. i love them much!!!
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Is this a little like the GuitarRig vst?
With that you need a foot pedal to operate it or have I got the wrong end of the stick on this?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

same but different... yeah it's an amp sim and you can control things via midi I think and yeah it uses guitar cabs IR files(you need to download freely from sites where available) and you can also use it's own tone.

You can mess with it to create sims of other amps but guitarix is something of it own... Can't really explain it. You need to try it and you don't need a pedal to use it. :D
Chipfryer
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Huh?
How cool is that!
ok i'll see if I can get it then.
Many thanks funk. :mrgreen:
funkmuscle wrote:same but different... yeah it's an amp sim and you can control things via midi I think and yeah it uses guitar cabs IR files(you need to download freely from sites where available) and you can also use it's own tone.

You can mess with it to create sims of other amps but guitarix is something of it own... Can't really explain it. You need to try it and you don't need a pedal to use it. :D
Chipfryer
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Oh drat Jack2
Grrrrrrrrr
This will have to wait for me then. Thanks anyway :D
brummer

Post by brummer »

you dont need jack2. :?:
guitarix run with jack or jack2.

greats brummer
Chipfryer
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Hi Brummer.
I get this.
Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: jack2

brummer wrote:you dont need jack2. :?:
guitarix run with jack or jack2.
greats brummer
brummer

Post by brummer »

so you talk about a package, don't now from were you get it, witch distribution you use, but,
I'm one of the developers from guitarix, and you dont need jack2 when build it from source.
But when ther is build a package against jack2, then you need jack2 to use it.
Chipfryer
Established Member

Post by Chipfryer »

Hi Brummer apologies.
I got it from a link on this thread. No worries I'll look at your signature and get a build from there.
Thanks very much. :D
brummer wrote:so you talk about a package, don't now from were you get it, witch distribution you use, but,
I'm one of the developers from guitarix, and you dont need jack2 when build it from source.
But when ther is build a package against jack2, then you need jack2 to use it.
brummer

Re: [ANN] guitarix-0.08.0

Post by brummer »

Release 0.08.0 comes with a bunch of major changes :

* new portmap window
* new BiQuad Filter
* new Moog Filter
* new Flanger
* new post processing tube3
* new two 10 band parametric EQ's
* new oversample mode selector(1x -8x)
* fix some bugs in midi out
* reworked tuner interface (show frequency(hz))
* new configure options (see ./waf --help for more info)

have fun
brummer
Zen:Core
Established Member

Post by Zen:Core »

Cool,

I just upgraded from the Arch AUR. I haven't used Guitarix yet, I'll make up an excuse to try it out this week. :D
"So give me 5 shots of Whiskey to help kill the misery and the pain. You put me through. Thanks for the good times for they were the best of my life, I spent with you."
thorgal
Established Member

Post by thorgal »

@brummer: just tested the compilation and the tuner -> excellent :)

Still no time for development from my part, too busy with baby and I got back full time to work as well ... need to get back to my music project! will I ever finish it ?! :roll:

PS: I know you don't want to maintain jc_gui but now that it is there, it would benefit from the latest guitarix developments ... just said it, now it's up to anyone who can pick up the bits to do it :)
brummer

Post by brummer »

Zen:Core wrote:I just upgraded from the Arch AUR. I haven't used Guitarix yet, I'll make up an excuse to try it out this week. :D
Hope you found it useful :)

thorgal, enjoy your time with the little baby, this time will never come back :)
thorgal wrote:PS: I know you don't want to maintain jc_gui but now that it is there, it would benefit from the latest guitarix developments ... just said it, now it's up to anyone who can pick up the bits to do it :)

Yes, I would be glad to found someone who will take it and bring it up to date (it would be a easy task), but for me, my time is also spar this days :| .

greats hermann
brummer

Post by brummer »

I have set up a request at SourceForge to search a new maintainer for jc_gui now. Let's see,. . . .
brummer

Post by brummer »

thorgal wrote:@brummer: just tested the compilation and the tuner -> excellent :)
Thanks thorgal,
the interface I have created with cairo, the tuner 'engine' works on fftw base and is created by adegert,
I have also give a little work to the midi out converter, I wouldn't say that it is 'usable' now as converter, but it's a guaranty for having fun. :lol: