[ANN] guitarix-0.11.1

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: [ANN] guitarix-0.11.1

Post by funkmuscle »

hollunder, the AUR packager has many audio apps using python... will be sometime...
I use the svn for guitarix so Capoeira, you and I need the svn updated if you use the svn..
Capoeira
Established Member

Post by Capoeira »

funkmuscle wrote:hollunder, the AUR packager has many audio apps using python... will be sometime...
I use the svn for guitarix so Capoeira, you and I need the svn updated if you use the svn..
he allready updated the aur-package

there is no SVN in AUR
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

cool... I can edit his PKGBUILD for the svn
brummer

Post by brummer »

so when you manage to get the latest svn (887) build, could you let me know if it continue to segfault on a right knob click ?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

oh sorry dude, all works fine for me... just looking for time to send you presets.

../src/gx_head/gx_main_interface.cpp: In member function ‘void gx_gui::GxMainInterface::openHorizontalOrderBox(const char*, float*)’:
../src/gx_head/gx_main_interface.cpp:678:29: error: cast from ‘float*’ to ‘gint’ loses precision
../src/gx_head/gx_main_interface.cpp: In member function ‘void gx_gui::GxMainInterface::openHorizontalRestetBox(const char*, float*)’:
../src/gx_head/gx_main_interface.cpp:737:29: error: cast from ‘float*’ to ‘gint’ loses precision
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/harv/guitarix/trunk/build'
Build failed: -> task failed (err #1):
{task: cxx gx_main_interface.cpp -> gx_main_interface_2.o}
brummer

Post by brummer »

Latest Development snapshot:
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

don't it look sweet!! :D
brummer

Post by brummer »

:D

And here is a preset file to make it sound sweet :twisted:
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

thanx, will try it from home....
I have a few presets ready, how to I upload it to you as you requested some time ago?

oh yeah, any sound samples?
brummer

Post by brummer »

presets will be welcome, you can send them per PM, per Mail, or upload them here or in the guitarix forum.

Also sound samples will be very welcome, *** I needed to remove the once I have used on the project page the last month, because stevie777, he give me permission to use samples from him, was a bit pissed as I told him to stop talking foo about Paul Davis. He remove my permission for the samples and the Video, :evil:
Mmm, sometimes it is real strange what ppl think about what a OpenSource Developer have to do, very strange.
So now there are a bunch of pages out there making promotion for guitarix with a empty Video layer, that sucks.
*** Next time when I include/promote samples on the project page, I will receive the original Samples and a briefly permission to use them, never again I will believe just a word in this state of operating. Hope you understand that.

Anyhow, I leave it behind me and looking forward to what comes next. :lol:

Enjoy the head
brummer
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Gee brummer, that sucks.
What kind of samples/videos was this about? Maybe I could provide something. Everything I do is CC BY-NC-SA and stays BY-NC-SA. It's a valid license, no way I could disallow anyone from using any of my music just because of some personal dispute.

Best,

Jeremy

Edit: the app looks amazing already!!! Haven't tried it yet, I'll cook up some binaries this weekend :)
brummer

Post by brummer »

AutoStatic wrote: What kind of samples/videos was this about? Maybe I could provide something. Everything I do is CC BY-NC-SA and stays BY-NC-SA.
No video is needed, I have a new one for the project page, and I wouldn't promote "promo" videos any more.
But short, real short riffs, demonstrating a clean amp sound, a blues sound, and one for heavy metal sound, would be great. I prefer when they comes from users, and when I can say, "he it's from AutoStatic",for example, instead do it myself. :wink: