All SocaLabs plugins open sourced.

Discuss anything new and newsworthy! See http://planet.linuxaudio.org and https://libreav.org/news for more Linux Audio News!

Announcements of proprietary software may fit better in the Marketplace.

Moderators: raboof, MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: All SocaLabs plugins open sourced.

Post by funkmuscle »

Kott wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:39 pm @ycollette @funkmuscle
I rebuild plugins without webkit2gtk dependency. So they should work in gtk-based hosts ie Ardour, Mixbus, Zrythm

And I confirm that LV2 delay plugins drops FP exception :(
binaries or I have to build from git?
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

funkmuscle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:33 pm
I rebuild plugins without webkit2gtk dependency. So they should work in gtk-based hosts ie Ardour, Mixbus, Zrythm

Binaries: https://software.opensuse.org//download ... bs-plugins
Are you still haven't compile it on Arch?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Kott wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:18 pm
funkmuscle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Binaries: https://software.opensuse.org//download ... bs-plugins
Are you still haven't compile it on Arch?
No. The projucer from fork thing. I haven't had time to do that and SpotlightKid who packages for Arch's AUR had issues with the plugins so I figured if he can't get it, I won't. I can run the in Carla standalone but with Carla as LV2 to host plugins, it fails. The Suse ones crash. Is it possible to make generic binaries like how some devs do?
I actually had someone as me about a program the other day. He asked if so and so program run on Ubuntu and I said I din't know.
He then said I thought you used Linux? That ended the conversation.
Everyone fresh to Linux thinks Ubuntu is Linux and there's no other flavour. Maybe if things like plugins were generic or one size fits all, we'd have less issues.
I could be wrong as I can't code or make plugins if it meant saving my life. I just figured generic or one size fits all plugins would be easier on the devs and y'all wouldn't have to go through this with us users. :mrgreen:
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Is it possible to make generic binaries like how some devs do?
I can say there is no "generic binaries", binary is build on some particular distro. I can package files in generic tarball, but they are still compiled in openSUSE. OBS supports pkgbuilds too, I'll check that if it worth to try.

May I ask why need LV2 only? If you have to use it for prod - it's better to take VST, for now.
I can run the in Carla standalone but with Carla as LV2 to host plugins, it fails.
Sorry, didn't get it.
The Suse ones crash.
LV2, VST, or Standalone or everything?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Kott wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:22 am
Is it possible to make generic binaries like how some devs do?
I can say there is no "generic binaries", binary is build on some particular distro. I can package files in generic tarball, but they are still compiled in openSUSE. OBS supports pkgbuilds too, I'll check that if it worth to try.

May I ask why need LV2 only? If you have to use it for prod - it's better to take VST, for now.
I can run the in Carla standalone but with Carla as LV2 to host plugins, it fails.
Sorry, didn't get it.
The Suse ones crash.
LV2, VST, or Standalone or everything?
Yes with everything. Don't worry about trying to get it going for me. Eventually down the road things always seem to work out after a few updates here and there. It's just that everything looked awesome and I've always been curious about a sample delay So when I saw you had that I wanted it badly but I'll be patient and just wait for something to happen. Thanks again for all the work.
SocaLabs
Established Member

Post by SocaLabs »

There are now Linux LV2 versions of all the plugins. Haven't tested them much since I don't use LV2. Anybody want to give them a try and report back?
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

we have LV2 builds in our repo for a while https://build.opensuse.org/package/show ... bs-plugins and recently I switched build from community JUCE LV2 to JUCE7

everything seems fine
except your LV2URIs are differ from my, I use mixed case while yours are lower-case only
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

SocaLabs wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:54 am There are now Linux LV2 versions of all the plugins. Haven't tested them much since I don't use LV2. Anybody want to give them a try and report back?
Do these scale up for High Resolution screens? If so, I'll be happy to test the LV2 versions out. However, unfortunately, if Linux tools and plugins don't scale up, they are nearly unusable to me because I can't see them. :)
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Audiojunkie wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 pm
SocaLabs wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:54 am There are now Linux LV2 versions of all the plugins. Haven't tested them much since I don't use LV2. Anybody want to give them a try and report back?
Do these scale up for High Resolution screens? If so, I'll be happy to test the LV2 versions out. However, unfortunately, if Linux tools and plugins don't scale up, they are nearly unusable to me because I can't see them. :)
You wrote that in almost every thread. Why not do download to test then report back?
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Hehe! I guess that would be pretty annoying. Sorry about that. :)

My thinking was I wanted to fill the forum up with requests to make it more visible to developers that it is an essential requirement to people with high resolution screens. I’ll stop asking, and just test and report if they are or are not usable for me.

Again, I meant no offense. Sorry. :)
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:26 pm Again, I meant no offense. Sorry. :)
No offense taken, it was actually a good reminder that I need to finish working on HiDPI support for Dragonfly Reverb.
Audiojunkie
Established Member

Post by Audiojunkie »

Michael Willis wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:38 pm
Audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:26 pm Again, I meant no offense. Sorry. :)
No offense taken, it was actually a good reminder that I need to finish working on HiDPI support for Dragonfly Reverb.
Yes! Yes! Please do! I was actually planning on emailing you directly to ask if you would do that! :)
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Kott wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:09 am everything seems fine
seems not, knobs aren't working