Finding CC-BY-SA music for remixing

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

caryoscelus
Established Member

Finding CC-BY-SA music for remixing

Post by caryoscelus »

One of my major complains about major music platforms is inability to filter music by license. Lately (?) they are also making a point of hiding license somewhere where it's hard to find. Sure, all jamendo music is under some cc license and there's "creative commons" tag on bandcamp (is it even directly related to selected license? Not sure), but that includes non-remixable *-ND and non-commercially locked *-NC, which are out of question for my CC-BY-SA music. Let's be frank: i don't have time to listen to random music which i can't reuse. I might just as well listen to any number of confirmed good (even if copyrighted) music instead.

I'm sure i'm not the only person interested in this, but brief search found me nothing. So the question still stands: how to filter out CC-BY-SA compatible music (preferably without losing other search/filter factors)?

PS: not sure if this is the best section for the question, feel free to move
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi
Basslint
Established Member

Re: Finding CC-BY-SA music for remixing

Post by Basslint »

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
caryoscelus
Established Member

Re: Finding CC-BY-SA music for remixing

Post by caryoscelus »

Basslint wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 pm http://ccmixter.org/

:D
It does look better than i remember it, thanks. But apparently the reason i didn't like it back when i was looking for a platform for my music is that it only has lossy mp3s :(
libre artist in many media :: site :: support my music on badcamp :: liberapay ::
ko-fi