Page 1 of 1

FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm
by marksilver
Hey all! There's this little thing on the internet called February Album Writing Month where the goal is to write 14 songs within 28 days. I just wanted to share this here because I know that a handful of y'all may be interested in this. This'll be my third year & I hope y'all join me. ;)

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 pm
by ufug
Yeah! There's also FAWM's east-coast cousin, The RPM Challenge. RPM is a little gentler (10 songs or 35 mins).

These writing challenges are great for curing excuses such as "I have no time" and "I haven't been able to write a song lately".

You make the time, you write the songs.

(And in case anyone hasn't checked out his Bandcamp, Marc has made some of the coolest music ever made on Linux during his FAWM projects. Hilarious, original, insightful, melodic and catchy stuff.)

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 am
by marksilver
ufug wrote:Yeah! There's also FAWM's east-coast cousin, The RPM Challenge. RPM is a little gentler (10 songs or 35 mins).


Ah yea, I've heard of that one too! Both great challenges, of course! (tho FAWM is great if y'wanna challenge yourself a bit more :P )

ufug wrote:These writing challenges are great for curing excuses such as "I have no time" and "I haven't been able to write a song lately".

You make the time, you write the songs.


lol, couldn't have said it better myself! :P

fawm is the king of increasing productivity for me. four of the songs on my s/t wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for fawm lmao.

ufug wrote:(And in case anyone hasn't checked out his Bandcamp, Marc has made some of the coolest music ever made on Linux during his FAWM projects. Hilarious, original, insightful, melodic and catchy stuff.)


aw, thanks! - both for the compliment & for the promotion on my behalf lol :P

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 am
by tseaver
Belated thanks, @marksiver, for the prod -- I've signed up for the first time this year.

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 pm
by marksilver
tseaver wrote:Belated thanks, @marksiver, for the prod -- I've signed up for the first time this year.


yea, no prob man! 'lookin forward to what y'come up with! :)