FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

User avatar
marksilver
Establlshed Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm
Contact:

FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Postby marksilver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Hey all! There's this little thing on the internet called February Album Writing Month where the goal is to write 14 songs within 28 days. I just wanted to share this here because I know that a handful of y'all may be interested in this. This'll be my third year & I hope y'all join me. ;)

ufug
Establlshed Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 am

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Postby ufug » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Yeah! There's also FAWM's east-coast cousin, The RPM Challenge. RPM is a little gentler (10 songs or 35 mins).

These writing challenges are great for curing excuses such as "I have no time" and "I haven't been able to write a song lately".

You make the time, you write the songs.

(And in case anyone hasn't checked out his Bandcamp, Marc has made some of the coolest music ever made on Linux during his FAWM projects. Hilarious, original, insightful, melodic and catchy stuff.)

User avatar
marksilver
Establlshed Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Postby marksilver » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:22 am

ufug wrote:Yeah! There's also FAWM's east-coast cousin, The RPM Challenge. RPM is a little gentler (10 songs or 35 mins).


Ah yea, I've heard of that one too! Both great challenges, of course! (tho FAWM is great if y'wanna challenge yourself a bit more :P )

ufug wrote:These writing challenges are great for curing excuses such as "I have no time" and "I haven't been able to write a song lately".

You make the time, you write the songs.


lol, couldn't have said it better myself! :P

fawm is the king of increasing productivity for me. four of the songs on my s/t wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for fawm lmao.

ufug wrote:(And in case anyone hasn't checked out his Bandcamp, Marc has made some of the coolest music ever made on Linux during his FAWM projects. Hilarious, original, insightful, melodic and catchy stuff.)


aw, thanks! - both for the compliment & for the promotion on my behalf lol :P

tseaver
Establlshed Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:07 am

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Postby tseaver » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:29 am

Belated thanks, @marksiver, for the prod -- I've signed up for the first time this year.
Ubuntu, Mixbus32C; acoustic blues / country / jazz

User avatar
marksilver
Establlshed Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:56 pm
Contact:

Re: FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

Postby marksilver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 pm

tseaver wrote:Belated thanks, @marksiver, for the prod -- I've signed up for the first time this year.


yea, no prob man! 'lookin forward to what y'come up with! :)


Return to “General Music Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests