North Korea

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

jonetsu
Establlshed Member

Re: North Korea

Postby jonetsu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:01 am

42low wrote:Here a very interesting tip for you....
http://tinyurl.com/y9xchomr

You post a song because you like it. Like the words.

The guy posted the Weird Al Yankovic song as a reply.

Says was irony. My eye.

Songs says "We're not exactly sure why you're upset" in a jolly tone. That's a statement backed-up by the comment " I think not really bad".

I replied once "no politics" but by the 'Yankovic' reply that made a statement, that was enough.

That was the only political reply I made to what's considered political comments.

Only one person commented creatively on the actual music. Only one person is strong enough to keep focus and context.

(Lines properly spaced for easier reading, sentences conveniently made short) :)

asbak
Establlshed Member

Postby asbak » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:59 pm

jonetsu wrote:The only rock band that played in North Korea, invited by Kim Jong-Un. Slovenia's Laibach.

Great band, hugely ironical in much of what they do. Most people just don't get it. Laibach's brand of faux-fascism transcends both "right" and "left" wing varieties. (Leftwing anti-fascists are themselves fascists... that's the irony that none of them can see nor understand.)

Rammstein more or less copied much of Laibach's format and went on to become hugely popular.

jonetsu
Establlshed Member

Postby jonetsu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:19 pm

asbak wrote: Rammstein more or less copied much of Laibach's format and went on to become hugely popular.

Yes. It's not that much of a surprise though because Laibach is of a more complex approach, as irony does not fare well. We saw it in this thread here. Also, Rammstein has a business machine behind them that allows them all the production extravagance they can throw in. Regarding this I was surprised when I first saw the Laibach piece with a full orchestra. It adds the appealing drama that can please crowds. That, with to-the-point video editing. But then they also do some pretty obscure pieces that by definition cannot have a wide appeal. An interesting band for sure, that's been around quite a few years.

Lyberta
Establlshed Member

Postby Lyberta » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:29 am

Return to “General Music Discussion”