Pink Floyd's "The Endless River"

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ssj71
Established Member

Pink Floyd's "The Endless River"

Post by ssj71 »

I was surprised to hear an ad on spotify for their new album (good thing I didn't upgrade to premium, I wouldn't have heard the ad!). They hadn't released new material for 20 years! I had to look into it and its really just unreleased material from The Division Bell sessions. Its almost completely instrumental and definitely has that Pink sound and feel, but it doesn't seem nearly as coherent and contiguous a work as the albums created in their prime. Still, overall its great to have more Pink Floyd recordings and I'll have to listen a few more times to really give it justice.

Anyhow just curious if anyone else saw this and what they thought.
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Pink Floyd's "The Endless River"

Post by sysrqer »

Yeah I've given it a listen. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised, just sounds like later era Pink Floyd. Definitely a keeper but obviously not a legendary album.
pinellos
Established Member

Post by pinellos »

i think it is an horrible album made from Gilmour's wife that try to make money selling a "blob" of various waste from olds "division bell" recording session. I cant belive that this shit came under the name "Pink Floyd".
87charlie
Established Member

Post by 87charlie »

I prefer old Pink Floyd. Good times... Music with a soul. But this new is not very bad I think. It's nice to hear them Always. ;)