AllMusic and Discogs

Music trends, latest album reviews...whatever!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

Jeax
Established Member

AllMusic and Discogs

Postby Jeax » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

What are the benefits of putting your music on AllMusic and Discogs?

bitsnpcs
Established Member

Re: AllMusic and Discogs

Postby bitsnpcs » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello Jeax,

I don't know the exact answer to your question.
I can share information from my perspective, I have not heard of either of these, this means not only I have not used it, but nobody I know of in life, or any users I have seen online has mentioned them.
It could be they are for a specific type of user or genres of music, and the people listening to this would be familiar with it.

As they are for selling your music, then unless people have heard of the sites they wouldn't be using it already and discover your music there, they may follow a link you place on another platform to buy your music there, if enough artists do this it could potentially raise awareness of the sites.
With such methods look at the site from a buyers perspective, this is dependent on the demographic that would make up the majority of your buyers. Each demographic is fussy about different things.
From your own perspective look at the sites terms, are they restrictive, do they try to map you prices, or prevent you using other platforms in some how, such as not promoting as well in search results, anything else that is important to you.

Return to “General Music Discussion”