Help! Stuck on 3rd of 4 triads

Ask general music theory or songwriting questions, get feedback!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

D-Tuned
Established Member

UNSTUCK Re: Help! Stuck on 3rd of 4 triads

Post by D-Tuned »

merlyn wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:19 pm Image
where I've remembered to the resolve at the end. :)
The current midi file will make my backing track but it also has the lead lines which I will mute for the final recording. There's also a flimsy intro which I will also mute if I do it as a way to cut into i.e. count myself into the lead. The 1st (top) line is your method and is richer on account of some lower notes but as I said at the outset I want triads on the top strings (that I can finger fast enough). The 2nd line is my own, the 3rd line is the lead being lead into, the 4th line is the midi intro.
4-lines-rosegraden.png
4-lines-rosegraden.png (33.85 KiB) Viewed 5954 times

I plugged yours into rosegarden too and played with either, the sound is very close. Thanks for forcing me to improve it :D

--
Sin, is the religious word for betrayal.
merlyn
Established Member

Re: Help! Stuck on 3rd of 4 triads

Post by merlyn »

D-Tuned wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:28 am ... maybe there's a name for what I'm trying to do, which is just replacing the single notes with triads of sorts, ...
You could call it harmonising a melody. This is a good way to learn about chords, voicings, harmony, music, everything really. :)
D-Tuned
Established Member

Re: Help! Stuck on 3rd of 4 triads

Post by D-Tuned »

merlyn wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:24 pm
D-Tuned wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:28 am ... maybe there's a name for what I'm trying to do, which is just replacing the single notes with triads of sorts, ...
You could call it harmonising a melody. This is a good way to learn about chords, voicings, harmony, music, everything really. :)
it requires speed I haven't got though, shudda thought about THAT before starting all this :mrgreen:
Artificial-Stupidity will never be competitive