Guitarix suggestions

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MrBalloonHands
Established Member

Guitarix suggestions

Post by MrBalloonHands »

Hello,

So I'm new to all this, but the other I was taking a look at Guitarix and all it's diffrent features. My question is can anyone suggest any settings that are good for post-rock/metal/prog tone? Maybe some different amp/cab combinations and settings I can set in Guitarix?

Also, if anyone could recommend a bass amp emulator, or other guitar amp emulators that would be awesome too.

Thanks,

-Nate
autostatic
Established Member

Re: Guitarix suggestions

Post by autostatic »

Hello Nate,

Can't suggest any specific setting but you might want to look here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/g ... that_rocks
And did you also try out some factory presets? They contain a wide variety of styles. Guitarix is alo a very nice bass amp emulator, especially when used with Ampeg 8x10 IR files for example ;) Rakarrack does some amp emulation too and there are some LADSPA plug-ins you could use with JACK-Rack or a host like Qtractor (or guitarix, guitarix has support for LADSAP plug-ins too now).
MrBalloonHands
Established Member

Post by MrBalloonHands »

Hey thanks for your help. If you could answer me this question: what does the pre/post swith do on the tonestack and cab selection section?

Thanks
brummer

Post by brummer »

the pre/post switch move effects into pre or post processing, means processed before or behind the amp.

In newer guitarix versions this switch isn't necessary any more, there the amp is moved into the rack and you can move simply by drag n' drop any effects to the place in the effect chain were you would have it, before or behind the amp module.