newbie problem

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

akioshin
Established Member

newbie problem

Post by akioshin »

hello im new to this site, and just a beginner using linux as my means of recording musics
a friend of mine told me to install jack daemon, can any one help me or give me a tutorial on how to install jack daemon, and there are so many list of apps he gave me but he told me to install first jack daemon, hope hearing from you guys soon
Human Knowledge Belongs to the World
lievenmoors
Established Member

Re: newbie problem

Post by lievenmoors »

Maybe you should learn about how you install software on your Linux distribution first.
Most distributions have programs which are used to install software packages via the internet.
For example in ubuntu, you can use a program called 'synaptic' to do this. Software packages
also have dependencies, which means that one package depends on the installation of another.
I recommend that you install the qjackctl package. This program makes it easy to work with jack.
When you install this package, the package manager will automatically install the other jack packages
(like the jack library and the jack daemon) for you.
studio32

Post by studio32 »

hi welcome

This forum part is not for questions but for howto's.

Check our WIKI
you might want to install a multimedia distro like 64studio 3.0
akioshin
Established Member

Post by akioshin »

yeah i have some knowledge installing in linux,
here is my list of apps to intall

jack daemon
qjackctl
rosegarden
rakarrack