Routing diagrams for basic configurations

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

chrisanthropic
Established Member

Routing diagrams for basic configurations

Post by chrisanthropic »

Hi folks,

After using Harrison Mixbus lately and going back to Ardour for a few projects I found myself missing the "Mixbus" workflow so I set out to recreate it.

Along the way I ended up creating routing diagrams for some standard configurations. These are all configurations I have used in one way or another, but I'm not claiming to be an expert, I've only been at this for a couple of years:

Sigle Track
  • inline reverb
  • parallel reverb
  • parallel reverb and inline distortion
  • parallel reverb and parallel distortion
Multitrack Drum Subgroup with a mixbus
using DrumGizmo and CrocellKit
  • inline reverb on all drums
  • parallel reverb on snare
  • parallel reverb on snare and inline distortion on kick
  • parallel reverb on snare and parallel distortion on kick

This helped me solidify my understanding of the routing and signal flow while providing a quick reference for later, and I thought it might be helpful to others still learning.

Each diagram includes an Ardour template with a matching setup and the wiki includes guides on how to set each one up.

Here's an example of the parallel reverb on snare and parallel distortion on kick

The whole thing is on a github wiki:https://github.com/chrisanthropic/Linux ... ction/wiki
no ads or youtube or anything I'm pushing. Just sharing and asking for input if y'all find anything off in what I'm doing and if y'all know of a public/community wiki with information like this.

Thanks!