How to export mp3 without ending silence?

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ancares
Established Member

How to export mp3 without ending silence?

Post by ancares »

Hi everyone. I'm working on some songs for a homemade video game. The problem is that the export format must be mp3 and apparently there is something related to mp3 timing that makes it impossible to export an mp3 without adding a small piece of silence at the end. This creates a final pause that makes proper loop playback impossible. Anyone who has experienced this problem? Thank you!
Gps
Established Member

Re: How to export mp3 without ending silence?

Post by Gps »

What daw are you using, I never had this problem with LMMS and audacity ?

LMMS output a wave file, then with audacity I create an mp3 out of it.
ancares
Established Member

Post by ancares »

Hi. I am using Ardour mainly. But I have tried trimming the export in Audacity and exporting again re-creates the final silence. Thanks!
ancares
Established Member

Post by ancares »

I just saw this old post and I am going to comment on the solution I found, in case the same thing happens to someone and they come across it by chance.

Indeed, with mp3 format it does not have a simple solution, because it is a problem of how the format manages time. There is a program for Windows (sort of rudimentary) that apparently can adjust it in some way. I'm sorry I can't give the name because I've forgotten it, but searching for a while on google you can get to it.

Anyway, my solution was to use the .ogg format which does not have this problem and is currently supported in almost any context that accepts mp3.