Using your Android device to control Ardour

Post fully complete "how to" guides and tutorials here. This is a great place to get feedback on stuff you might put in the wiki.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

zth
Established Member

Using your Android device to control Ardour

Post by zth »

Hey everyone!

Here's a tutorial I put together for using your Android device with Ardour, using the excellent application Ardroid.

http://www.zthmusic.com/ardroid-and-ardour/

I hope it's enjoyable!
dednikko
Established Member

Re: Using your Android device to control Ardour

Post by dednikko »

I used this for the first time tonight, and I'm super happy with it. I will be using this at shows and everything. So cool!

Thanks for making it easy to understand.
Think like a gun.
i2productions
Established Member

Post by i2productions »

I used it for quite a while til I got TouchDAW. So easy to set up, and I can't believe it still works even though it was written during Ardour3 alpha 3 years ago with no updates! Great free control app, and I highly recommend it!
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

i2productions wrote:I used it for quite a while til I got TouchDAW. So easy to set up, and I can't believe it still works even though it was written during Ardour3 alpha 3 years ago with no updates! Great free control app, and I highly recommend it!
how do you set it up, i cant find any information on how.
i2productions
Established Member

Post by i2productions »

There's not much too it. I just enabled OSC in interfaces in Ardour options. Make sure everything is on the same network. Pop in your PC's IP address into Ardroid, and it should "just work". I'm sure there's a port that needs to be unblocked on your particular router, or some other minor detail that's preventing it, but my exerpience with the app was that it worked it just that many steps on a couple android devices I have. But I can't say enough good things about TouchDAW. I have used the app everyday for stuff this past week. I've been on a musical role lately. Completed 3 songs of my own, and mixed 2 songs for other people. But, for free Ardroid is a nice basic app if it works. Sorry I can't be more help.