The studio is shaping up!!

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sonicolonic
Established Member

The studio is shaping up!!

Post by sonicolonic »

The two panoramas have a little more picture to them on the right, and my face got squashed in the second one.

Drums sound huge, acoustic guitar and trumpet sound sweet, ceiling is treated, the walls and corners are next, gonna have to build a baffle box for the heating vent, and a gobo or 3, but no biggie. Wurlitzer organ is coming in the next couple of days to anchor the keys station. Cheers!

~bb
eikakot
Established Member

Re: The studio is shaping up!!

Post by eikakot »

Looks great man!
maghoxfr
Established Member

Post by maghoxfr »

That looks awesome! I'm looking for a emoticon that express my envy but I can't find one LOL. Cheers!
sonicolonic
Established Member

Organ-izing

Post by sonicolonic »

Thanks guys! I'm having so much fun just hanging out here. Pretty much living the dream.

Just put the organ in this week. (insert joke here)

Here are some before pictures. Only thing I did was treat the drop ceiling, the in house contractor did everything else.

autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Looking good! What about the control room? Or aren't you going to set up a separate control room? And some nice stuff lying around :)
sonicolonic
Established Member

Post by sonicolonic »

No control room, just a big live/mix room. There is a notch at one end of the room that's slightly shorter than the opposite wall. We're thinking of putting a tall gobo on that side to even it out sonically, and make a space for a vocal booth/corner. Control room would be more trouble than it's worth in this spot, but we did consider it.

Picked up a MidiKITI with triggers this week that I can't wait to try out, a broken Zildjian A Custom 17" crash that sounds fine for $35, and a free printer/scanner/copier.

Hoping to finish room treatment in a couple of weeks. Already though, despite too much echo most of the time, recordings sound awesome.

~b