Recording with Yamaha DTX Explorer

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

rebornholy

Recording with Yamaha DTX Explorer

Post by rebornholy »

Hey guys,

Im relatively new to Ubuntu studio and i've installed the latest version.
I have done some work previously with pro tools and BFD drums.
I was planning on using Ardour & what equivalent product would i be looking at to do the drum tracks, i was planning on running midi output from Yamaha into pc to record.
Also what is the BFD equivalent, prefer freeware or at a low cost that people recommend for the drum kit ?
Over the weekend i was planning on sitting down and doing some initial recording, so any ideas would be awesome.

Your help is most appreciated.
Jan
Established Member

Re: Recording with Yamaha DTX Explorer

Post by Jan »

rebornholy wrote:Hey guys,

Im relatively new to Ubuntu studio and i've installed the latest version.
I have done some work previously with pro tools and BFD drums.
I was planning on using Ardour & what equivalent product would i be looking at to do the drum tracks, i was planning on running midi output from Yamaha into pc to record.
Also what is the BFD equivalent, prefer freeware or at a low cost that people recommend for the drum kit ?
Over the weekend i was planning on sitting down and doing some initial recording, so any ideas would be awesome.

Your help is most appreciated.
Hi!

You could use Hydrogen. You can have track outputs for every instrument, so you have a variety of options with it. MIDI shouldn't be a problem, either. There is a bunch of decent drumkits for Hydrogen. I prefer the GSCW kit, because it sounds very natural and gives the best results if you want a good drum sound, IMO.
The more it stays the same, the less it changes