Presonus 1824c headphone configuration

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

kylekendall

Presonus 1824c headphone configuration

Post by kylekendall »

I have scoured the internet, and contacted Presonus directly to no avail. Presonus interfaces with two headphone outs are configured out of the box with headphone 1 coming from the master stereo out(1&2), while headphone 2 is fed from outs 3&4. I have tried everything I can think of in my DAW, which is Ardour, and with JACK connections. I cannot seem to get headphone 2 to produce sound. Is there a kind soul here who might illuminate me?
ArezStrange
Established Member

Re: Presonus 1824c headphone configuration

Post by ArezStrange »

Hello,
I didn't know alla bout, but for me, with ardour, carla and the Presonus 1810c card the 2 headphones are fully fonctionnal for monitoring.
They don't need to be routed by sofware, I can listen by adjusting the level in front.
I read somewhere else (don't remember where, sorry) that you can passs by windows to configure some set in 1810c in windows, it keep setup even if you turn off. And you use it on Linux.
Best regards
Do your best, more your sound sounds good !!
opo

Re: Presonus 1824c headphone configuration

Post by opo »

Hi @kylekendall

I don't have any advise for you, but wondering if you can provide some info on your experiences with the 1824c on Linux.

I am considering getting one of these.
Could you elaborate on what does and doesn't work for you (apart from the headphone issue) and what distro/kernel you are using?

Thanks in advance
Opo