Updated list of Linux compatible audio interfaces

Discuss your workplace, instruments, amps, and any other gear.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

Capoeira
Established Member

Re: Updated list of Linux compatible audio interfaces

Post by Capoeira »

tripomatic wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:16 pm
Capoeira wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm
VennStone wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 pm This is my list.

https://linuxgamecast.com/linux-compati ... nterfaces/
nice list. a shame we are probably not going to see Ffado supported in Pipewire https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire ... issues/326
Aren't the FFADO drivers not supported in the kernel now?
no, what is in the kernel are some firewire alsa drivers which are all very limited or do not work at all
sparticle

Post by sparticle »

I have a Scarlett 18i8 Gen2 running on Ubuntu 20.04.1 was running on 18.04.5 before upgrade. Works perfectly all inputs and outputs are automatically recognised. I run Jack and use Harrison Mixbus 6.2.4. I had to setup direct routing in the focusrite windows software just once. Then all was well after that. I have full control of the routing of all inputs and outputs.

No issues with the interface. It was running on a standard USB2 port but I recently upgraded the PC with a PICI-E USB3 card and it is connected via that now. Again no issues.

Typically it has 2 guitars and mics connected. A pair of monitors and 2 headphones which I can configure to have direct monitoring or route any combination direct inputs for low latency monitoring or mixbus outputs to them.

Jack is running with the realtime kernel.

Cheers
Spart
wardlok
Established Member

Post by wardlok »

I have same laptop(2012 T510),same distro. I bought bunch of stuff at pawn shop including focusrite scarlet 2i2 2nd gen($40). I plugged it in and it worked. Not midi compatible,very basic. Output is routed there. Giddy SG through marshal amp into scarlet made it to DAW. Like you,all this was to learn Ubuntu Studio on the cheap. It's been working well.
entropification

Post by entropification »

Mk2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:44 pm Focusrite Saffire pro 24 (firewire) works really fine ! (ubuntu studio -> has all jack etc included, good disto !)

i don't remember if i tested her coupled with the pre amp Octopre MkII Dynamic (in ADAT) but i see no reasons for not working fine 16in 8out !
I just got the Saffire 26I/O and the only thing that has me stumped is how to get phantom. Apparently it was a software switch. Any suggestions?