Donations welcome!

Check this forum for important info regarding the site.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

raboof
Established Member

Re: Donations welcome!

Post by raboof »

There have been some extremely generous donations coming in! I'll respect peoples' privacy and not share further details, but this will last us for quite a while again - to all who donated, thank you!!

Also I reached out to the marketing departments of a couple of relevant companies to see if they'd like to sponsor. Don't worry, we'll not 'sell out' and put obnoxious banners anywhere or sharing personal information, but of course if any of them agree to sponsor we'll find a reasonable way to give them credit.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

First of all, I suggest posting to this thread on regular basis so that topic pops up every now and then. This is the way I also noticed this.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

nils
Established Member

Post by nils »

raboof wrote:Don't worry, we'll not 'sell out' and put obnoxious banners anywhere or sharing personal information, but of course if any of them agree to sponsor we'll find a reasonable way to give them credit.
Even if there are banners, we are a tech community: I imagine most if not all use adblockers anyway. Maybe even javascript blocker. As far as I'm concerned, you can promise anything and "sell out".
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

This triggers an idea in me:
Lyberta wrote:I pay 3Euro/month
Could patreon (or similar) work to collect donations for the site on a sort of subscription model? https://www.patreon.com/ (I actually have no idea about how that works, but few YouTubers use it to setup donation subscriptions).
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

Just donated €10 via Paypal to paypal@bzzt.net (also see this topic and this topic). Wish I could automate this yearly. :)