Admin Change for LinuxMusicians

Check this forum for important info regarding the site.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

nathan
Site Admin

Admin Change for LinuxMusicians

Post by nathan »

Hello everyone! When I founded this board, I was in college and making music daily using a Linux box. I needed help and wanted to connect with other musicians that were using my favorite OS, so I made a place for it to happen. It's been amazing to see the growth and vibrancy of this community over the years.

Now, I'm married with two small kids and in a career that simply doesn't allow for me to make keeping up with Linux audio and music trends a priority. I'm also not able to be nearly as involved in the technical and administrative aspects of running this forum as I would like.

In order to keep things running well around here, Raboof has graciously decided to take over as the primary admin for our community. He has been an admin forever and one of our top moderators. He is knowledgeable, level-headed, and an all-around great guy. I couldn't ask for a better admin to take the reins.

Part of this transfer of responsibility will necessitate a change in hosting, which will probably mean some planned downtime. Stay tuned for further updates on that.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to invest in our little corner of the internet. I'm proud to be part of this community.

All the best,

Nathan
StudioDave
Established Member

Re: Admin Change for LinuxMusicians

Post by StudioDave »

Respect !

Nathan, thank you for this great contribution to the community, LM is a first-stop every morning here at Studio D. So refreshing with that first cup of coffee ! :) I wish you Good Fortune in all your endeavors, and I hope you won't be a stranger here. You've done an admirable job with LM's administration, you've definitely earned your Primus Inter Pares badge to wear in the Linux audio world.

Blessings upon you & yours,

dp
StudioDave
Established Member

Post by StudioDave »

nathan wrote:In order to keep things running well around here, Raboof has graciously decided to take over as the primary admin for our community. He has been an admin forever and one of our top moderators. He is knowledgeable, level-headed, and an all-around great guy. I couldn't ask for a better admin to take the reins.
Agree++.

Best regards to our new admin from Studio D !
khz
Established Member

Post by khz »

Thx 4 --all Nathan!
Great community / Forum you/we have grown up :D
happiness && health 4 you && your family!
Thx also to Raboof \o/

P E A C E
& &
F R E E D O M

4 us
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
Thad E Ginathom
Established Member

Post by Thad E Ginathom »

Nathan, Thank you so much for having brought us Linux Musicians.

Raboof, thanks for the work done and for taking on so much responsibility for the future.

:D :D
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks to Nathan, all the other moderators and all forum members for making this such a great place. I'm glad and honored I can contribute by taking some more admin responsibility.

As for practical things:
  • I've done a test migration on http://lm.bzzt.net . Feel free to play around, do let me know if you encounter any problems.
  • The transfer of the linuxmusicians.com domain name is in progress. The new DNS has already been configured to still point to the old hoster, so that should be seamless.
  • Once the domain is transferred, I'll set this board to readonly, perform the migration again, and update DNS to point to the new hoster. This will not be entirely seamless because it takes some time for the DNS change to propagate. This should not take more than 20 minutes, but from my experience it may take longer. You'll be able to use the http://lm.bzzt.net domain in the mean time.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Just about missed this!

@nathan,

Thanks very much for all your time and efforts for starting this valuable resource, I understand all too well how juggling this sort of thing with a family and full-time career can be, sincere best wishes to you and yours on your future path!

@raboof,

Thanks very much for all you do past, present (and future). Your commitment and hard work are appreciated!
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

Thanks to both you and Raboof! This forum was an excellent idea to realize and I'll always be glad to be a part of it!

Best,
brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

Migration should be complete!

Known issues:
caonoize
Established Member

Post by caonoize »

Nathan, thank you so much for your efforts on this board. I wish you success with your future endeavors.
mixtape
Established Member

Post by mixtape »

Late to the party as usual. It's odd how a family and kids do that to you. Many thanks Nate for your hard work with this site and your other Linux-related endeavors (I was also a fan of your Productive Linux podcast).
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

Thank you for making this site. It had been an eyeopener and source of inspiration for me. Thank you again!
Baggypants
Established Member

Post by Baggypants »

Bravo for getting it SSL'ed up. Nice.