Hiyah

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

JeesusBock
Established Member

Hiyah

Post by JeesusBock »

I'm JB. I've been using linux since '99 exclusively and am very comfortable with compilation et all as I work as a software developer. I'm a Gentoo vet although for work purposes I now use Debian mainly. With any and all technical problems, feel free to pull on my sleeve. There are no stupid questions!

Musically I do analog harsh noise but have been expanding to more tonal domain lately.

I'm very much in love with Reaper for recording purposes. Sequencer64 for midi composition. Audacity of course for quick editing. And JACK2 running all the time for convenience and routing.

As for aggressiveness, I try to stay calm, but bugs and such work up my blood pressure regularly :)

- JB
asbak
Established Member

Re: Hiyah

Post by asbak »

Welcome :)
Some Focal / 20.04 audio packages and resources https://midistudio.groups.io/g/linuxaudio
Basslint
Established Member

Post by Basslint »

Welcome! What's your composition workflow with sequencer64?
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Please donate time (even bug reports) or money to libre software 🎁

Jam on openSUSE + GeekosDAW!
Gps
Established Member

Post by Gps »

Welcome :)
JeesusBock
Established Member

Post by JeesusBock »

Basslint wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:21 pm Welcome! What's your composition workflow with sequencer64?
Extremely loose. I am not a traditional composer so basically I just create (monophonic) patterns with seq64 and then put them together to play through midi to a synth that I actively tune while the piano roll is playing. A lot of stuff that could be achieved with midi I do when post-processing the recorded audio (I currently only have one synth so polyphonic tracks with separate sounds is out of the question.) Equally lazy and cheap, that's me :).

- JB